The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 07:22am
M.A.S.H.

Who's working them? And how many games? It is 6:20am on Monday here and I am up and running (slow) . My first game is at 8am and we get our other assignments later on today. If you are working, good luck and have some fun! Also, be careful traveling to your Tourneys!!!

T Jones
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Who's working them? And how many games? It is 6:20am on Monday here and I am up and running (slow) . My first game is at 8am and we get our other assignments later on today. If you are working, good luck and have some fun! Also, be careful traveling to your Tourneys!!!

T Jones
Tues - Boys JV - one game
Wed - Girls JV - one game
Thurs - Girls JV - two games
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 08:48pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1

T Jones
I worked one in IL on Thursday last week. Had the 10:30AM game, second of the day, boys' varsity. Felt strange working a game so early in the day. Anything earlier than 7:30-8PM feels strange, though.

No tourneys this week, but a nonconference girls' varsity tomorrow night and a boys' nonconference varsity Thursday night.
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Got 6 Christmas tourney games: 1 Mon., 2 Tue., 1 Wed., 2 Thurs. Will be the most games I've had in that amount of time in a while. On my double days, the start times are at least 5 hours apart so I'll have plenty of time to shower and relax between games.
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Had one today, two Tuesday (different tourney) and a trophy game on Thursday. That's all.

I probably could have done more, but my son comes home from Japan on Tues. eve, and we're having Christmas on Wed. so I decided to sit out that day!
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Are they in the millitary?
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

3 different tourneys - 9 games

12/16 - GV/BV DBLHDR - 1st Round
12/18 - Boys Championship Game

12/21 - GV/BV DBLHDR - Semi's

12/27 - BV/BV DBLHDR - 1st Round (I'm beat!)
12/29 - GV/BV DBLHDR - Toilet Bowl (consolation games for last place but hey, it's basketball!)

Plus two other regular season doubleheaders during that time. That's about a $600, two week span.
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 06:45am
Official Forum Member

Two tonight anf two Wednesday night. Both nights a girls varsity followed by a boys varsity. Should be fun.
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I have the following -

GV - Wednesday Night (7:30)
BV - Thursday Night (5:30)
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Early morning games are fun

Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
I have the following -

GV - Wednesday Night (7:30)
BV - Thursday Night (5:30)
this year I asked for early morning 9AM games for both days of our local Cmas Tourney.

The kids are usually half asleep, but they actually play good basketball. Must go to show that the kids play better when they are not all hyped up with a big crowd and an entire day to get "ready for the big game"

Thanks
David
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Working the State Farm Classic 64 boys and girls teams! http://www.theclassic.org/
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 05:02pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Just two games Wednesday the 29th at noon. BV.
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Just got off the phone with the assignor, I got 2 JV girls games tomorrow. YAY!!!
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kenref1
Working the State Farm Classic 64 boys and girls teams! http://www.theclassic.org/
THAT looks like a lotta fun! What kind of games are you getting, Ken?
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Boys Varsity this afternoon. Team from Brattleboro, VT came down to MA to play one of our local teams. Not really a tournament, just a chance for out-of-area teams to meet our teams.

Great game. Double OT. Brattleboro hits a jumper at the buzzer of regulation to send it to OT. Local team hits a 3 just before the buzzer to send it to a second OT.

1st half, Team A running their halfcourt offense, kid running a cut through the paint. Defender quite calmly throws his elbow right into the cutter's chest. Right in front of me. Dumb.

A1 is fouled by B1 and A1 falls to the floor. I'm trail and play is right in front of me. I call the foul. As B1 walks past A1 (who is on the floor), B1 gives A1 a moderate kick. Didn't stomp on him, just swung out his foot in frustration. T for that one.

Early in first OT, had an intentional personal on breakaway lay-up when the defender just grabbed the shooter's shoulders from behind and pulled him down. Really dumb.

Later, B2 fouls A2. A2 immediately turns and A2 and B2 exchange forearms to the chest. Double T. The T is A2's fifth foul. A6 subs for A2 and shoots the FTs for the personal foul with no one along the lane. We go to the arrow and give the ball to B at midcourt.

Local team wins and as I'm walking off the court Brattleboro kid says to me, "Oh, by the way, you're a terrible ref." I said, "Excuse me?" He was stupid enough to say it again. "I said, you're a terrible ref." I went to the table and told the scorers to record a technical foul on 33. Then went to his coach and quickly told him what his kid said. I don't know if anything will come of it, but the coach seemed like a decent guy, so maybe the kid will sit a bit.

A lot of interesting stuff, and a very challenging HS game. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Had a good partner, too. Really had to use those game management skills.