Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
I'm curious!

If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned your P as the L through up his hand to indicate it was a 3 attempt. If the ball goes in, why was it not a 3?

He put his hand up after the ball went in, almost like he was going to stop the clock. I didn't know what he had.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a previous thread, it was said the L should never signal a made 3.(3-man) So wouldn't it have been your responsibility to signal the touchdown being the T?
I disagreed with that opinion. My opinion is that if you signal the attempt, you signal the successful goal. And that's how it's taught here, so my partner would not have withheld the touchdown signal if he had a good 3. Since he didn't give the signal, I didn't mirror it.

I left a message at the TV station, but haven't heard back from them about seeing the tape.
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 10:40am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
I'm curious!

If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned your P as the L through up his hand to indicate it was a 3 attempt. If the ball goes in, why was it not a 3?

He put his hand up after the ball went in, almost like he was going to stop the clock. I didn't know what he had.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a previous thread, it was said the L should never signal a made 3.(3-man) So wouldn't it have been your responsibility to signal the touchdown being the T?
I disagreed with that opinion. My opinion is that if you signal the attempt, you signal the successful goal. And that's how it's taught here, so my partner would not have withheld the touchdown signal if he had a good 3. Since he didn't give the signal, I didn't mirror it.

I left a message at the TV station, but haven't heard back from them about seeing the tape.
This was a 2-whistle game, umpferee, unless I'm mistaken.

If he didn't put his hand up until after the shot, he could've been signalling the end of the quarter since he was the new trail.

But if the ball was in his corner and this was such a crucial shot, he fell down on his main responsibility. This was an enormous mistake on Chuck's partner's part -- he needed to be SURE.

--Rich

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Dec 31st, 2004 at 10:42 AM]
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 02:33pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Are we talking about the same stupid, punk kid that made a three at the buzzer in regulation that was incorrectly called a two?
No, and I haven't seen the tape yet, so I'm not actually conceding that it was a 3. . .
Never, I disagree. I would say however that it is very very rare and is probably only going to happen on a bang-bang break away.
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 03:02pm
M.A.S.H.

BTW: Everything around here turned out well. Good tourney and great basketball! There were a few problems (one punch and one coach ejection) but I wasn't working those games. Like I said, overall, things went really well! I'm ready for next year!!! Three days of 9am-10pm (or later) basketball...hard to beat!
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

our games went well also. i was lucky enough to work multiple games in 3 different tourneys and in the BV tourn, we had the 4th and 7th seeds playing for the big trophy. Almost every game went down to the wire. Very exciting.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

THAT looks like a lotta fun! What kind of games are you getting, Ken? [/B][/QUOTE]

I worked on the girls side. It was my second year working this tournament. It is a blast! Great basketball!
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Heard anything yet?

Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stan
Quote:
Quote:
Heard anything yet?
Not yet. Next step is to go to the station tomorrow.
Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Was this a two whistle game Chuck?

Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Was this a two whistle game Chuck?
Yep.
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Stan
Quote:
Quote:
Heard anything yet?
Not yet. Next step is to go to the station tomorrow.
Well?
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 01:45pm
M.A.S.H.

I'm in the same boat as you Chris, awaiting Chuck's reply!
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Stopped in at the station today. The telecast from last Tuesday has already been erased. So I left a message for the Sports Director to see if they had the raw game footage left over. He hasn't called me back yet. I called last week, right after the game was played, and left a similar message, but apparently the guy who's voice mail I got was on vacation until two days ago.

I'm not hopeful. I should've done this first, but only thought of it today: see if the local team has a game tape.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Good luck with that, Chuck - I've tried before but with no success.