The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 19, 2004, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

Looks like he'll have lots & lots of free time to make CDs.
Old Fri Nov 19, 2004, 11:46pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

I'm on his side. He had beer thrown on him and was defending himself. The foul was a nothing foul and WALLACE is the one who provoked the entire thing.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

It was crazy, but Artest was cool at first, trying to stay out of it and some guy had to throw beer at him.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:

I'm on his side. He had beer thrown on him and was defending himself. The foul was a nothing foul and WALLACE is the one who provoked the entire thing.
I don't blame Artest for being mad for getting beer dumped on him, but he still has no business going into the stands and fighting. If he would have just walked away, the fan would have been ejected for life and probably arrested. Instead, Artest is now the dumbass once again.

Z
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:25am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I like Artest. I hope his album goes platinum and earns more money than his salary.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:29am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:

I don't blame Artest for being mad for getting beer dumped on him, but he still has no business going into the stands and fighting. If he would have just walked away, the fan would have been ejected for life and probably arrested. Instead, Artest is now the dumbass once again.

Z
Absolutely disgraceful fans. Disgraceful.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:40am
Official Forum Member

Don't go into the stands period. Nothing good can come of it. And nothing good did.

A nothing foul! Looked like a flagrant to me.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapps
Don't go into the stands period. Nothing good can come of it. And nothing good did.

You want to talk about players going into the stands, how about fans coming onto the court? It will be interesting to see NBA's decisions about this stuff.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 01:58am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapps

A flagrant? Why, because it was Artest? It was a little bump from behind. It wasn't excessive contact in a junior high game, just a good foul.

And if someone throws a beer on Artest, I would invite him to go kick the guy's a$$.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 02:03am
Official Forum Member

I am with Artest....You throw a beer at me and I am going after you to. Artest's foul was nothing more than a hard common foul and Wallace got bent out of shape. My question is where were Ron Garretson and Tim Donaghy to Help Tommy Nunez Jr. No, wait my question is why was Nunez Jr. in that scrum after it got out of hand. I think Detroit in general needs to look at a lot of things. The NBA will have fun in the next week sorting this mess out.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

There is plenty of blame to go around. I'm sure there will be suspensions and fines for players on both teams, arrests for fans, increased security for teams and many other things. But to say that Artest was justified in going into the stands and swinging because a stupid fan dumped beer on him is just plain stupid. He was not defending himself... It wouldn't surprise me if Artest and Jackson got arrested too.

Z
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 03:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down That is the worst thing I have ever seen in an American sporting event.

Every fan that threw things and came onto the floor deserved to be knocked out.

I do not blame any of the players at all. I only blame the fans and the actions of the fans. The players were doing nothing different than any of us would have done if someone was throwing things at us. This was just a game, but if it was in a bar, we all probably would do the same thing. I know I would.

Peace
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 03:14am
Official Forum Member

Wow. That's all I have to say. Unbelievable.

I don't know if Artest can be blamed for going into the stands or not. You'd think he should have control of himself - but what those fans did....

Unreal. I'm in shock.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 04:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by refaholic
I am with Artest....You throw a beer at me and I am going after you to. Artest's foul was nothing more than a hard common foul and Wallace got bent out of shape. My question is where were Ron Garretson and Tim Donaghy to Help Tommy Nunez Jr. No, wait my question is why was Nunez Jr. in that scrum after it got out of hand. I think Detroit in general needs to look at a lot of things. The NBA will have fun in the next week sorting this mess out.
Now wait a sec... Tommy was only in the mess trying to keep artest from losing his cool. I think he did what he should have... and Tim tried to keep artest from getting off the table. And I agree that was a nothing foul... but a fun crew to watch! (At least for 47 mins)

My two sense!
Old Sat Nov 20, 2004, 07:42am
In Memoriam

The NBA! It's faaaaaaantastic!!

What's the over/under on how quickly the Bad Boy merchandise comes out again? Anybody that's surprised that something like that happened just hasn't been paying attention.