Thread: Ron Artest
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 21, 2004, 07:51am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGref
I listened to the end of the game after a Semi-state football game and After the first time I saw the deplorable Detroit fans I said to my father, who was with me. Suspend every single fan for at least 2 games (including the next Pacer/Detroit matchup). The organization deserves to lose 6-7 figures of income from a couple of games, its sad for the other fans, but the lesson WILL be learned that way.

IMHO Ben Wallace should be suspended for at least 15 games or the same as Artest (whichever was less). He was the originator of the initial contact, he was the instigator of the following "player" debockle, including about 2 situations where it seemed to be under control; when he continued to try and get to Artest just laying on the table, and again when it was almost calm he threw a towel at artest.

Now as for Artest, I think all the way up until getting belted in the face with ice he was guilty only of common foul #4, he showed much restraint, until obviously leaving the confines of the court. This clearly stepped over the line, but if you were pushed violently in the throat, then after only backing up, get cursed at more and see this Ben Wallace coming after you, then moments later getting towel thrown in face, and somehow you are still "calm" and then a few seconds later you get belted with a cup of ice and see the guy who did it 15 feet away. I know what most would do, the problem was Artest just saw the guy with the smart-a$$ smirk who wanted to start something, and he didn't see the 15 foot tall wall that players and officials don't cross. (and that 15 foot wall should actually have consisited of some security guards, so not to be totally metaphorically) Fan on Court, FREE GAME(actually about 5 games)! So Artest jumped over that 15 foot tall wall and landed himself 15 games, add the fan he hit there 5 and the fan on the court 5 more, (if its decided they were justified, just 15)but probably a total of 25 games

I didn't really pay much attention to Jackson but he instigated some stuff on the court (2 games) and came in the defense of his fellow teammate in the stand getting choked and sucker punched, but he slugged a guy or 2 (5-10). So for jackson I say 7-12 games. Jermaine Oneal, never instigated on court stuff, never went in the stands, but he blind sided the on court guy with a slippery right jab, Fair game but still 5 games, if the guy lost a tooth 5 more (5-10).

And again Detroit's stadium and fans should certainly get a hard smack on the back side by the NBA.
Whoooo! just wanted to vent a little, preceeding was just
Um, you wouldn't maybe be from Indiana, by any chance, would you? LOL.