Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 22, 2004, 04:03pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
When I have had to eject a coach I have always had a reason to do so. If not I would not have ejected that person. I could care less about the AD or Assignor questioning my judgement. If someone is acting that much of a fool in a JV game I can only imagine what an idiot they would be in a varsity contest. What I am saying is, if the deserve to get tossed then they are getting tossed regardless of who they are and how many teams they coach. Also, when I have had to toss someone it does not necessarily mean that I have done a poor job officiating that lead up to that point.
To paraphrase Bill Maher: You can be right and still be wrong.
So to paraphrase an even older saying, then we know what you are but are now just negotiating the price?

Rich:

That's cold, real cold.

MTD, Sr.
Well, sometimes that's what it takes. But if you think the comment crosses the line, go ahead and remove the post.

Rich:

I do not think it went over the line, and I will not delete the post.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Nov 23, 2004, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
Mark,

I stated earlier that I am not a perfect basketball official but I have officiated basketball at the: boys’/girls’ H.S. level for 34 years; women’s college for 31 years (31 years ago I was the first male to officiate women’s college basketball in the State of Florida and one of the first males in the Southeast), including 18 Div. I playoff games and 20 jr. college playoff games; and men’s college basketball for 12 years. Since 1993 I have officiated over 30 AAU and YBOA boys’ and girls’ national championship tournaments (including 4 YBOA girls’ national title games in the last 5 years) plus one PAL boys’/girls’ national championship (including the boys’ 16U national title game). I sit on four IAABO national committees. I am a rules interpreter for my local officials association and teach its officiating class.

What does the preceding paragraph mean? For one thing it means that I am a bald old geezer who is long in the tooth and has just seen about everything possible until the next new thread really does come up with something I have not seen or heard of before. It also means that I am a crusty old curmudgeon who has the experience, knowledge, and hopefully the wisdom to take a young whippersnapper like you to task for unthical and unprofessional behavior.

MTD, Sr.
Wow, that's a nice resume. Congrats and I hope to be there down the road.