Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Not to be labor

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Tom,

That is the very reason people do not want to live in Mississippi. He just proved my point.

No one wonder they have to hire coaches of African-American decent in order to try to change the image of the major universities in that State. It was also Ole'Miss that had to drop the Confederate Flag in order not be seen in a negative light. And there has been constant debate over their mascot for some time now as well.

Thank you David for proving the very point I was making. You did good.

Peace
As usual Rut doesn't know what he's talking about, only what he heard on ESPN.

Could you give me the reference as to the hiring of our new coach at MS State - I would like to ask Coach Croom about that allegation. Strange that I haven't heard those sentiments from him.

Who's Ole Miss?

Thanks
DAvid

Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The election was to be expected.

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
[QUOTE
throw me some more cornbread and turnip greens.

Thanks
David
What exactly does that mean?

While I did have some fun in Mississippi, I will tell you that most would have rather kept Lowry open (Denver) and closed Keesler. You do have some fine HS basketball down there and have been using 3-person for about 9 years. The only problem I have with Illinois is half of the people say they are from Chicago when that is a lie. I'm not saying that about Rut.
As far as the election, wow, I guess it takes some street sense to recognize a hustler. Game recognizes game and I recognize the biggest hustler of them all! You can have a reason and/or an excuse for everything but some things are so obvious it is silly. Rut is exactly right when he mentions people dying. It can be avoided. We should be crying foul! [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I was talking about Camp Shelby.

Currently we have about 3000+ troops in training there.

Thanks
David
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 01:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Not to be labor

Quote:
Originally posted by David B

As usual Rut doesn't know what he's talking about, only what he heard on ESPN.
You are so right, my conversations with people on issues related to this issue only come from ESPN.

Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Could you give me the reference as to the hiring of our new coach at MS State - I would like to ask Coach Croom about that allegation. Strange that I haven't heard those sentiments from him.

Who's Ole Miss?

You must be one of those Southerners that think Slaverey ended all the racial divide in this country. There are two

You are right. Go ask Coach Croom why in 2004 (40 years after the end of Jim Crow) why he is the first non-white coach to ever be hired in the SEC in the history of that conference in the sport of football? I would really like you to ask him so he can laugh completely in your face.

You are so right. All my comments are based on the media. Not that I have family friends that have actual taught in Mississippi for years as a professor. Not that I have met people that went to school there or were born in that State. I got all my information based on ESPN. You are right. African-Americans do not have conversations with each other or have writings about the south and their systems of education either. Only ESPN could possibly talk about racial issues in the state of Mississippi.

Peace
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 02:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thank you for all the responses. The information was valuable and gave me a couple of talking points to bring up.

Happy war to all those that think this country is going in the perfect direction. Hope you are happy with all the death and destruction that is to come. Funny how Bush now makes an assault on Fallujah right after he wins back the White House. But then again, you got what you deserve.

Peace
Closed Thread