View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 03, 2004, 06:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryS

Wow..."kiddy ball"? I remember you being a very insightful contributor, sounding like you are someone who is on top of his game and an excellent official. But "kiddy ball" sounds a little arrogant.
Larry, you are offended by the term "kiddy ball?"

Quote:
The stud officials cannot call every varstiy game. The stud players that the stud officials hope to call at the D1 level had to start somewhere.
Is there a bug up your behind today?

Quote:
Maybe something to mention is to be careful not to belittle the contributions of everyone that loves our game...be they player, coach or official. Don't walk around like you are the greatest thing to step on the floor. Since you aren't, others will be turned off by you.
For your information Larry I gave this presentation in a shorter version last week. Not a single person was offended or came up to me and said anything about being upset. The reason this topic is being used because guys that "work kiddy ball" are always asking officials at higher levels how they get there. They ask guys how to get to the college level. They wonder how they get in the playoffs. That is what my presentation is about.

Also, there was an assignor that held a meeting this past spring that was optional to those that worked his conference. There was about 40-60 official showed up to this meeting, all to know how they can improve their schedule in this particular assignor's conference. I attended to see what was being said and just get some information. The 2 hour meeting was a bunch of people asking "how they get a varsity schedule?" It was not "how do I work more Grammar school ball?" I am sick and tired of guys like you that seem to get offended because someone does not show interest in working a JH game the rest of their career. This camp is geared towards HS officials that want to advance or learn from experienced officials so they can work more games at the higher level. This track of the camp that my presentation is in is geared towards these types of officials. If they are offended by that, they probably should keep their money and work the many kiddy ball games that will be going on that day. It is not any more admirable to work a JH game as it is a varsity game. I only work around 3 games a week and that is enough with work and other responsibilities in my life. I apologize that is not enough for you.

Peace