The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: You asked for it.....you got it.......TOYOTA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Sigh.

Somebody tell Jeff this is why his side lost so badly.

I'm too confused wondering why he thinks it's OK for someone's kid to die.
My life was barely affected by 9/11 as many other people that did not live in New York if they are honest with themselves. I am not a person that is fearful of terrorist coming to get me. It is not going to be my children that will die in Iraq or any other place in the world because we had to get Saddam Hussain.

I just like people to get what they ask for. You wanted the man that did not was AWOL and had the nerve to criticize those that did like Gore, Kerry and McCain. You got exactly what you asked for, I hope you get it.

Happy war.

Peace
I guess you're not going to back up your own words and tell us why you believe it's OK for kids to die.

Par for the course I guess...no surprise here.
Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 03:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

I already explained. But I did not make the comment for your approval.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

I guess you're not going to back up your own words and tell us why you believe it's OK for kids to die.

Par for the course I guess...no surprise here.

Dan,

I never said it was OK for them to die, but they are going to die. And in my mind it will be for the very wrong reason and based on a lie. As an official if I screw up I might get suspended or fired for a simple mistake. We had a presentation last week by a D1 Official that showed video tape of one of his conferences. He showed a play where an elbow was given by a post player. The player not only threw their elbow once, but three times. The all 3 officials (only two had coverage) were suspended multiple games for the action. No one died, no one lost a limb. Not the player that took the elbow lost some teeth, but that pails in comparison to losing a life to a war based on WMDs who we have yet to find or account for. But then again, it was Saddam that killed 3000 people in the World Trade Center on 9-11

The people of this country spend more time criticizing officials for mistakes that cost no one lives or their livelihood. But then these same individuals voted in a person that has not fired one person or held those responsible for their missteps that cause lives to be lost. Now over 1000 and counting. So guess what, you got what you deserve. And when there is another attack, you can blame John Kerry or any Democrat for it happening. Better yet, let us blame Gore and Clinton for what happen on Bush's watch. I thought this man was bringing back the respect and dignity to the White House? So much so that papers all over the world are calling our people dumb and stupid and not supporting an issue that "W" claims is an issue for folks around the world.

Happy war!!

Peace

Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with rainmaker -- that's enough politics in this forum.

Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 04:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink What is more important.

Politics and the world are way more important than this officiating thing.

Peace
Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Re: What is more important.

Quote:
Politics and the world are way more important than this officiating thing.

Peace
Agreed. So if you want to talk about them, go somewhere else.

Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 04:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Considering we can talk about everything else here that has nothing to do with officiating, why is this different? You guys allow all kinds of discussion and you say nothing then. So why not here?

Peace
Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Since we're already off-topic on a political slant, maybe this is the time to ask this question. Rut, could you explain your tagline to me?

Quote:
"You can be correct and wrong."--Bill Maher
I'm not trying to be critical or anything like that. In fact, I think I may have an idea what Maher was trying to say. But help me out. How can a person be correct and wrong?
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:07am
Do not give a damn!!

This comment was basically about Ralph Nader. He agreed with many of the issues that Ralph stood for, but felt that he was wrong taking votes away from an individual that was in a better position to win. So Ralph Nader was right on many of his positions about government and corporate America, but wrong to run when he knows damn well he is not going to win.

My Mom used to say something similar about pedestrians coming in the middle of the street with cars racing by. People had the right of way to be in the middle of the street, but they would be dead if someone hit them. Her comment was, "you can be right and be dead at the same time."

Peace
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Re: The election was to be expected.

Quote:
I am high on life. Why would I be upset with an election when I know how stupid the people of this country can be? I find it amazing that the very people that got actually hit with the terrorist attack voted against the very person that claims he has to support the troops and a leader on the fight against terror. Then all the states that have no chance to get hit with a terrorist attack voted for this clown. I guess it goes to show why people do not want to go to Mississippi?

That is OK, it will be their kids dying.

Peace
I'd just like to know what's wrong with Mississippi?

Goes to show that with all your political gab, you really don't have much of a grasp of what's really going on in the rest of the country.

We have a lot of good things in our fine state, most importantly, we have some great athletes and sports programs.

As far as the rest of the world, most of those in our armed forces get considerable amounts of training in little ole MS.

Thanks
David
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 01:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: The election was to be expected.

Quote:
Originally posted by David B

Goes to show that with all your political gab, you really don't have much of a grasp of what's really going on in the rest of the country.

We have a lot of good things in our fine state, most importantly, we have some great athletes and sports programs.

As far as the rest of the world, most of those in our armed forces get considerable amounts of training in little ole MS.

Thanks
David

There must be something wrong, because a lot of people I know moved completely away from there. I will let you figure it out.

Peace
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 02:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I'd like to look at your powerpoint as well. I am working on one of my own about professionalism. I'll either post it to my web site or email it later. A lot of the same thing. Professionalism is one of the main things pointed out earlier about moving up.

But I think the key to moving up is not who you know, but rather who knows you. I can know the right people all day long but if the right people do not really know who I am, then they can't promote me. Make sure the right people see you call games. Make sure you are getting advice from the right people. Make sure you are available when the right people need someone to fill in a spot. Let them get to know you. That is why getting to a camp during the summer is critical to moving up. All the right people are there for you to get to know and see you work.
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
He agreed with many of the issues that Ralph stood for, but felt that he was wrong taking votes away from an individual that was in a better position to win.
That's pretty much what I thought. You can't be correct and wrong in the exact same way, but you can be correct about something, but wrong in what you do with the information.

'Course, it turns out that Nader didn't really take all that many votes away from anybody. Time for him to give up the cause or find a successor to support.
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: The election was to be expected.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David B

Thanks
David

There must be something wrong, because a lot of people I know moved completely away from there. I will let you figure it out.

Peace

HUH????

And a lot of people I know have moved completely away from Illinois that fine state??? And what does that prove?

That is really a statement with some clout. Kind of like a John Kerry speech, you can say anything and some people will actually believe you, (well actually not a lot but a few will)

And let's see your presentation is on what?

Thanks but I'll have to pass.

throw me some more cornbread and turnip greens.

Thanks
David
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 09:34am
Huck Finn

Re: Re: Re: Re: The election was to be expected.

[QUOTE
throw me some more cornbread and turnip greens.

Thanks
David
[/B][/QUOTE]

What exactly does that mean?

While I did have some fun in Mississippi, I will tell you that most would have rather kept Lowry open (Denver) and closed Keesler. You do have some fine HS basketball down there and have been using 3-person for about 9 years. The only problem I have with Illinois is half of the people say they are from Chicago when that is a lie. I'm not saying that about Rut.
As far as the election, wow, I guess it takes some street sense to recognize a hustler. Game recognizes game and I recognize the biggest hustler of them all! You can have a reason and/or an excuse for everything but some things are so obvious it is silly. Rut is exactly right when he mentions people dying. It can be avoided. We should be crying foul!
Old Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Tom,

That is the very reason people do not want to live in Mississippi. He just proved my point.

No one wonder they have to hire coaches of African-American decent in order to try to change the image of the major universities in that State. It was also Ole'Miss that had to drop the Confederate Flag in order not be seen in a negative light. And there has been constant debate over their mascot for some time now as well.

Thank you David for proving the very point I was making. You did good.

Peace
Closed Thread