The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 14, 2004, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Now come on JR, you have to admit you were going a bit overboard early on in this post

The honest impression that I got was that, someone...at some point, had done this exact thing to you and
IT PISSED YOU OFF!!!!

After going through this post, I believe I will stick with specific rules questions and interpretations on my posts from now on.. so as not to begin World War 4.

Item #1 on my pre-game checklist when I am the R....how both of my partners are going to accept it if I tell them they missed a shooters foot on the line, and how I am going to accept it return.

Savaahn Ty
" Just a student of the game, always looking to improve "
Old Thu Oct 14, 2004, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Re: One final thought

Quote:
Originally posted by Goose
Savaahnty,

As we talked about this last night, I would ask any of the officials here, what motive would possess your partner to change this call from a 3 to a 2?
So, what motivation could possibly make me want to stop play and correct a scoring situation?

What motivation would I have fro stopping play and changing the call from a 3 to a 2?

Hmmm.....how about making the sure the call is right?

BTW am I the only person here that thinks Goose's handle is particularly apt?

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee
Old Thu Oct 14, 2004, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

LOL.. Oz, you are going to get a laugh out of this one..lol

What you are doing there is answering his two questions for him, and proving the opposite point of that which you are trying to prove.. although all of us on " this side " thank you

His motivation is the same as yours.. getting the call right. Which he does by signaling the try is a two and not a three....because he say the shooter on the line, and you not....and since getting the right is main concern, and he has now done so... there is no reason to interrupt the game with a whistle and a discussion.

We have gotten the call right without dirupting the flow of the game.....BRAVO

Savaahn Ty

PS - I honestly think that is where the difference is in this post. I have been taught that the game is for the players, and ANY interruption to the flow of it ( stoppage of play for a reason other than one caused by the actions of player ) better be DRASTICALLY IMPORTANT. End of game situations would be DI...however that is why we are allowed to use the monitors
Old Thu Oct 14, 2004, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

LOL>. yeah yeah... my daughter was climbing all over me while I was typing the previous post....so after you correct me..sue me

Savaahn Ty

Old Thu Oct 14, 2004, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: One final thought

Quote:
Originally posted by Oz Referee
What motivation would I have fro stopping play and changing the call from a 3 to a 2?

Hmmm.....how about making the sure the call is right?
Duane, that is exactly Goose's point. He's not stopping the game to embarrass anybody or to show anybody up or to showboat. The only possible motivation to blow the whistle at that point is that the official is positive that the shooter's foot was on the line.

Nice to see you're still lurking here, mate!