The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Lets Talk Under Armor (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/15650-lets-talk-under-armor.html)

Camron Rust Mon Oct 04, 2004 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker

Borax is very good for getting smells out of laundry. It can be very hard on fabric, though. I wash my shirts after every wearing, but only use borax about every third or fourth wash. I find this to be adequate.

Yeah, worst thing is to let them sit. I typically use about a half scoop of Oxyclean in warm water on a short wash cycle - does a great job!

I use Oxycontin on my shirt...wow they feel reeeaallly goooood.

rainmaker Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:16am

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Quote:

Borax is very good for getting smells out of laundry. It can be very hard on fabric, though. I wash my shirts after every wearing, but only use borax about every third or fourth wash. I find this to be adequate.

Yeah, worst thing is to let them sit. I typically use about a half scoop of Oxyclean in warm water on a short wash cycle - does a great job!

You two taking over until Martha Stewart gets out?

It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it...

Tim -- actually not much. I'm in way over my head at my day job, and don't have much extra time. I stopped in at the last meeting to get my check, and saw you there across the room. I tried to wave, but didn't want Debi to see me, so I snuck out without being social.

Don't even ask about bball...

TimTaylor Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:25am

Quote:

Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmm...is that what happened to Reftown last night?.... :-)

footlocker Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:52am

Quote:

Originally posted by SF
Does anyone have problems with Under Armor or any other moisture wicking fabric smelling badly? I've only worn them for 1 game at a time, as I still wore cotton T-shirts on tournaments and long weekends full of games and such. If I switch, will the UA (or whatever) really start to stink over, say, a long Saturday's worth of games?
yeah, i'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. maybe it's just a combination of the synthetic fabrics and my genetics but i get ripe in these. with 100% cotton, no problem. i love the natural fabric.

but i have a bunch of under armor that i'll wear when i'm not running.

rainmaker Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:22am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmm...is that what happened to Reftown last night?.... :-)

Good one, Tim!

Nevadaref Wed Oct 06, 2004 03:00am

Quote:

Originally posted by Nevadaref
I have yet to wear my Under Armour in a basketball game. I will tomorrow for the first time. I post how it goes. I use the micromesh shirt from Honig's.

It went great. I worked an all-Asian tournament of college age guys. The games were fun and my Under Armour was splendid.

SF Wed Oct 06, 2004 04:29pm

Did it smell alright afterwards?

elijahmadfoo Sat Dec 18, 2004 02:20am

washing UA and related materials

So I've had my Nike version of the same kinda athletic top, and I'm looking to do laundry. I've lost the tag that came with the shirt, and I'm wondering what I can do/avoid in order to make sure the shirt lasts long and doesn't come out all funky. I've heard something about not using fabric softener, but other than that...nothing. Any recommendations?

thanks,

Jim

blindzebra Sat Dec 18, 2004 02:28am

Re: washing UA and related materials

Quote:

Originally posted by elijahmadfoo
So I've had my Nike version of the same kinda athletic top, and I'm looking to do laundry. I've lost the tag that came with the shirt, and I'm wondering what I can do/avoid in order to make sure the shirt lasts long and doesn't come out all funky. I've heard something about not using fabric softener, but other than that...nothing. Any recommendations?

thanks,

Jim

I usually wash mine with all my other stuff, but let them air dry on a hanger.

I'm all over the place with this stuff. I have Nike dri-fit v-neck tee shirts, Reebok hydra-move tights, and Under Armour knee high socks.:D