The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 10:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up

I have been a Piston's fan for a very long time. I was a fan when Kelly Tupukia was on the team with Zeke was on the team in the 80s. I was with them when they won the back to back titles. I happen to spend the summer in Louisiana in Joe Dumar's home town (where Steel Magnolias was made). I befriended Joe's nephew that summer, he was dating at the time a girl that was the daughter of a women who my mother was working with during her sabbatical. Dumars that year one the MVP and his father was very sick and died the next year, when they won again. I will never forget that year, it was a special time. Now my childhood team is doing it again, against the Lakers. And to win it with of all people, Rasheed Wallace. I never thought they would ever win it again during the Grant Hill years. And when they traded him away, I thought they would really never have a chance.

I am complete shock that they are throughly kicking the behinds of the Lakers. I knew they were good, but right now they are winning by almost 30 points.

I am in complete shock right now. They will win 3 straight just like they did when they beat the Blazers during their second title.

Peace
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
...Joe's nephew that summer, he was dating at the time a girl that was the daughter of a women who my mother was working with during her sabbatical. Dumars that year one the MVP and his father .....
Peace
who saw Ferris throw-up at 31 flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
"Thank you, Simone."
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
who saw Ferris throw-up at 31 flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
"Thank you, Simone."
"Bueller? Bueller?"

The worst thing is that they showed an NBA player, who just had his ears pierced, on TV with tape over his ear lobes.
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

I watched, I would have liked to see the game go to the 7th, but pistons deserve it, they smoked the lakers tonight. Would have liked to see a closer game but wanted the pistons to wint he series the whoel time.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 12:44am
Official Forum Member

I really hope Pistons win it. I just want another team win the championship other than the Lakers again
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Black&White
I really hope Pistons win it. I just want another team win the championship other than the Lakers again
God is in His Heaven; all's right with the world!
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 01:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
God is a Piston's fan? God don't like the Lakers?
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 02:15am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I happen to spend the summer in Louisiana in Joe Dumar's home town (where Steel Magnolias was made). I befriended Joe's nephew that summer, he was dating at the time a girl that was the daughter of a women who my mother was working with during her sabbatical. Dumars that year one the MVP and his father was very sick and died the next year, when they won again. I will never forget that year, it was a special time.

Joe Dumars was a class act with those particular teams, Jeff. And a very under-rated player, I thought. He still is a class act. However, to quite a few people outside Michigan, those "Bad Boy" teams turned them off of the NBA game for years. I'm one of those people. The present champions don't have that same stigma, thank goodness. You certainly have to admire how hard they play, and also how well that they play together. Not that they're really entertaining to watch though. They are boooooring. But "Boring" sure beat the hell out of "Showtime", didn't it? The only complaint I have is the MVP though. Ben Wallace is the engine that makes the team run,imo. I love his game.

Congratulations, Pistons! Best team won. The Lakers' dynasty is over. And I think that the Kobe vs. Michael debate may have ended with it too.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

I slept very good last night with the win. I am a Dallas Maverick fan but seeing the Lakers get beat is just as good to me as a Maverick win. The Lakers played like they have all year except it wasn't good enough for the Pistons. I'm no coach but it seemed like Kobe was a big reason for the loss. He was taking stupid shots and all those turnovers. When he would go out they played better so why not just leave him out. I just don't see him as a Hall of Fame calibur player like all the press is giving him.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 08:58am
In Memoriam

Post It does filter down.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
The present champions don't have that same stigma, thank goodness.
When the Pistons were beaten by the Bulls, all the Piston starters walked off the floor without a word, except for Joe D who stayed around to give the Bulls their attaboys.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 09:14am
In Memoriam

Re: It does filter down.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
The present champions don't have that same stigma, thank goodness.
When the Pistons were beaten by the Bulls, all the Piston starters walked off the floor without a word, except for Joe D who stayed around to give the Bulls their attaboys.
Like I said, Mick, the guy has always been a class act. And a great player. Joe D is the guy from those Pistons' teams that had to play D on Jordan. Jordan admitted in the Jordan Rules that Dumars gave him more problems than any other defender in the league at that time. I guess now you can add "Great Executive" to Joe's resume also.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
God is a Piston's fan? God don't like the Lakers?
Well, I'm not sure about specifically, but I do know He's always for the scrappy, big-hearted underdog, as long as they play fair, and don't take sexual advantage of vulnerable women. (Example, David until Bathsheba).
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:37am
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]
God is in His Heaven; all's right with the world! [/B][/QUOTE]God is a Piston's fan? God don't like the Lakers? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not sure about specifically, but I do know He's always for the scrappy, big-hearted underdog, as long as they play fair, and don't take sexual advantage of vulnerable women. (Example, David until Bathsheba). [/B][/QUOTE]Nope, can't agree with that at all. If that were true, then God would be a BoSox fan. And everybody knows that that ain't even an option. God's a Yankees' fan. That's even in the Bible some place, I think.

Btw, God ain't too fond of short people either. And that "don't take sexual advantage of vulnerable wimmen" ain't gonna fly either until I get my rib back.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
[ but I do know He's always for the scrappy, big-hearted underdog, as long as they play fair, and don't take sexual advantage of vulnerable women.
Gimme a break, Juules. "Vulnerable women" don't have sex with several different partners in the span of a couple of days.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
[ but I do know He's always for the scrappy, big-hearted underdog, as long as they play fair, and don't take sexual advantage of vulnerable women.
Gimme a break, Juules. "Vulnerable women" don't have sex with several different partners in the span of a couple of days.
Perhaps it depends on your definition of "vulnerable." I mean, Bathsheba wasn't exactly a shrinking violet, from what I understand.