The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pilo

They are also reducing the number of officials at the tourney to 12. Everyone does 2 days for the first 2 days and all 12 officials work all 4 days. I like that better as then no one gets "Sent Home" after the first 2 days.

Ron,

Even though it will mean that each association will send less officials to state, I agree that it's better to have 12 officials rather than 16 at each tournament.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum (I got sent home after two days once and made it all the way to the championship game once) and it does NOT feel very good to go home after two days.

IMHO, officials that make it that far deserve to work all four days.

I'll see you at the Seattle Christian WOA camp in July.

Z
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pilo
Rockyroad,
I been around. Just lurkin..........watchin, listenin and learnin..........I guess there's another camp added in Battle Ground........Each camp will have 60 campers. I heard last year the Spokane camp had about 20-25 campers and already the same camp has 50 signed up........Good to see the state taking another step toward consistancy.

Like I said, You are required to go as a camper or as a clinician.....Already got my paperwork in.

They are also reducing the number of officials at the tourney to 12. Everyone does 2 days for the first 2 days and all 12 officials work all 4 days. I like that better as then no one gets "Sent Home" after the first 2 days.

WOW! This is good stuff (Information) Thanks Ron, zebraman and rockyroad.
We switched assigning secretary's this Spring and I have not heard a word about any of this.
{I guess, kinda like the "fall down" mandate I missed}

I'm getting on the phone immediately to find out what's going on.
DEXTER!, our Association could miss some State Assignments if we don't get to these 3-man clinics.

I'll edit this now...as I just got off the phone with our retiring assinging secretary. (CJ Mitchell)
BTW, some of you Washington State guys probably know CJ Mitchell...one of the finest men I have ever been associated with.
Anyway, he had the State's packet of information on his desk and was getting ready to send it out to us.
We discussed the 3-man issues and the pros and cons associated with it.
Interesting discussion....to be continued at a later date.
Another BTW...do any of you know our new assigning secretary...Chris Manolopolus? I officiated with him for years, he is a very capable replacement and a great guy to work with.

[Edited by RookieDude on May 25th, 2004 at 09:08 PM]
Richland, WA