The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

The free camps you just sign up for... Bob Gibbons is definately closed... if you want, i can send the app for the Miss St. camp June4-6, just give me your email.

Thanks, but I am already attending a camp during those dates.

Does anyone else know of any camps, preferably women's mechanics, in Georgia? I would appreciate any info.

Like manhong, I would like info for Bob Gibbons for next year. My e-mail is [email protected].
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
The free camps you just sign up for... Bob Gibbons is definately closed... if you want, i can send the app for the Miss St. camp June4-6, just give me your email.

Does anyone else know of any camps, preferably women's mechanics, in Georgia? I would appreciate any info.

Like manhong, I would like info for Bob Gibbons for next year. My e-mail is [email protected].
the "Georgia College"(juco and naia) camp is june17-19 at Brewton-Parker. that is only for the men's side though, i don't know when the women's camp is.
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

GHSA runs 3 day camps throughout the month of June at various locations in Georgia. I'm attending 6/25 - 6/28 at Albany State. Here is the link to their site:
http://ghsa.net. This may or may not meet your needs but you can always e-mail them with questions.

I'm new to the Georgia area (Columbus). If anyone knows of some other good camps, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ______
"There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way."--Christopher Morely

Old Tue May 25, 2004, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
[GHSA runs 3 day camps throughout the month of June at various locations in Georgia. I'm attending 6/25 - 6/28 at Albany State. Here is the link to their site:
http://ghsa.net. This may or may not meet your needs but you can always e-mail them with questions.

I'm new to the Georgia area (Columbus). If anyone knows of some other good camps, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

If you want a good "teaching" camp, then check out the five star camp http://www.raytheref.com/FiveStarRefereeCamp.html

you get a lot of good rules info at this one. mostly for the jv and new varsity HS official.
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gte087t
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
[GHSA runs 3 day camps throughout the month of June at various locations in Georgia. I'm attending 6/25 - 6/28 at Albany State. Here is the link to their site:

If you want a good "teaching" camp, then check out the five star camp http://www.raytheref.com/FiveStarRefereeCamp.html

you get a lot of good rules info at this one. mostly for the jv and new varsity HS official.
Thanks gte. Too late for this year, but I'll try it next year.
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

TravelinMan,

What association did you join?
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

I'm in FLORIDA. Anyone know of any good 3-man camps or clinics this summer in Florida?

Josh
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
TravelinMan,

What association did you join?
Columbus Officials Association. I've spoken with Ben Elder.
Are you near?
Old Wed May 26, 2004, 01:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by soflaref0072
I'm in FLORIDA. Anyone know of any good 3-man camps or clinics this summer in Florida?

Josh
JB Caldwell (SEC) holds a camp at Embry Riddle in Daytona... 3man teaching camp. i forget the dates, but here is the admin person's phone number:Camp Administrator Assistant: Angie Williams (386) 226-6431
Old Thu Apr 21, 2005, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

Just to throw my two cents in. The IIOC camp for the SEC officiating program in Murfreesboro,TN I have no doubt in my mind is going to be one of the best. From everything I understand it's like bootcamp for refs. There will be a lot of NBA officials there because the SEC uses a modified version of the NBA mechanics. The only thing is you have to be invited, but if you know a guy who knows a guy you could have a reasonable shot at getting in ( that's how I did it). The SEC is interested in finding young officials and training them. That is why in most part they hold this camp.

Sean Corbin who is now in the nba came out of this camp. He was noticed there when he was 19. he was hired by the SEC when he was 22 and was brought on by the nba when he was 26. This camp knows how to find the right guys.

If you plan on wanting to be a ref and do it for a living this is where I suggest you go. Work hard to find someone who can get you in and do it. That is what I did and i now have a great opportunity to fulfill my dream and now have an even better chance at making to the nba

P.s. I threw the Sean Corbin story in there because I, like him will be attending the camp at 19 yrs of age and I hope this is some kind of great carma or whatever it might be

tnroundballref I would like to get your info and also would like to know what assosciation you are in.

[Edited by refTN on Apr 21st, 2005 at 07:49 PM]
Old Thu Apr 21, 2005, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

what about choices close to AR?

I'm looking at the Dale Kelley camp...anyone ever attended?

thanks
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

How do you get invited to just do some games in Vegas? I have family and or business during that time. Let me know.

[email protected]
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
I am going to the Dale Kelley camp at U. North Texas in June and the DIII Supercamp in Richomd VA at the end of June. I posted the info on the DIII Supercamp in another thread. This will be my first year at the Dale Kelley camp, but I expect it should be great.
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lookin2improve
what about choices close to AR?

I'm looking at the Dale Kelley camp...anyone ever attended?

thanks
Gerry Pollard runs a camp at Southwest Missouri State (soon to be Missouri State) June 17-19. Gerry's out of the Dale Kelley regime and runs a great camp! Lots of D1 officials on staff that aren't afraid to tell you how it is. All games are 3-whistle and everyone is on a crew of 5. Plenty of court time without abusing the body.

Email me and I'll send you the full info. and Gerry's email address.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

I am interested in the Gerry Pollard camp at smsu. Please give me some more information

[email protected]