Thread: Camp Choices
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 21, 2005, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

Just to throw my two cents in. The IIOC camp for the SEC officiating program in Murfreesboro,TN I have no doubt in my mind is going to be one of the best. From everything I understand it's like bootcamp for refs. There will be a lot of NBA officials there because the SEC uses a modified version of the NBA mechanics. The only thing is you have to be invited, but if you know a guy who knows a guy you could have a reasonable shot at getting in ( that's how I did it). The SEC is interested in finding young officials and training them. That is why in most part they hold this camp.

Sean Corbin who is now in the nba came out of this camp. He was noticed there when he was 19. he was hired by the SEC when he was 22 and was brought on by the nba when he was 26. This camp knows how to find the right guys.

If you plan on wanting to be a ref and do it for a living this is where I suggest you go. Work hard to find someone who can get you in and do it. That is what I did and i now have a great opportunity to fulfill my dream and now have an even better chance at making to the nba

P.s. I threw the Sean Corbin story in there because I, like him will be attending the camp at 19 yrs of age and I hope this is some kind of great carma or whatever it might be

tnroundballref I would like to get your info and also would like to know what assosciation you are in.

[Edited by refTN on Apr 21st, 2005 at 07:49 PM]