The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

my email is [email protected]

Please send me any and all information you have on the Pollard camp at SMSU. I've heard good things from others about this camp as well. I'm only about an hour from SMSU campus, so it would be very convenient.

Thanks again.
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

I love how people who never, EVER post all of the sudden come out of the woodwork when camps are getting talked about.

Don't any of you care to enlighten the rest of us with your officiating the rest of the year?
Old Sat Apr 23, 2005, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
I love how people who never, EVER post all of the sudden come out of the woodwork when camps are getting talked about.

Don't any of you care to enlighten the rest of us with your officiating the rest of the year?
Maybe these folks are too busy attending camps while we sit around and bs on the internet . . .
Old Sun Apr 24, 2005, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

anybody ever gone to guthrie's camp in Tennessee?
Old Sun Apr 24, 2005, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Joe DeRosa's Camp

Does anyone have any information they can give me on Joe DeRosa's camp in OH? If you can, please email me at tppens (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks in advance!
Old Mon Apr 25, 2005, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
The free camps you just sign up for... Bob Gibbons is definately closed... if you want, i can send the app for the Miss St. camp June4-6, just give me your email.

Thanks, but I am already attending a camp during those dates.

Does anyone else know of any camps, preferably women's mechanics, in Georgia? I would appreciate any info.

Like manhong, I would like info for Bob Gibbons for next year. My e-mail is [email protected].
ReadyToRef...if you could send me that info on the camp at Mississippi State, I would be eternally grateful.

[email protected]
Old Mon Apr 25, 2005, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
Just to throw my two cents in. The IIOC camp for the SEC officiating program in Murfreesboro,TN I have no doubt in my mind is going to be one of the best. From everything I understand it's like bootcamp for refs. There will be a lot of NBA officials there because the SEC uses a modified version of the NBA mechanics. The only thing is you have to be invited, but if you know a guy who knows a guy you could have a reasonable shot at getting in ( that's how I did it). The SEC is interested in finding young officials and training them. That is why in most part they hold this camp.

Sean Corbin who is now in the nba came out of this camp. He was noticed there when he was 19. he was hired by the SEC when he was 22 and was brought on by the nba when he was 26. This camp knows how to find the right guys.

If you plan on wanting to be a ref and do it for a living this is where I suggest you go. Work hard to find someone who can get you in and do it. That is what I did and i now have a great opportunity to fulfill my dream and now have an even better chance at making to the nba

P.s. I threw the Sean Corbin story in there because I, like him will be attending the camp at 19 yrs of age and I hope this is some kind of great carma or whatever it might be

tnroundballref I would like to get your info and also would like to know what assosciation you are in.

[Edited by refTN on Apr 21st, 2005 at 07:49 PM]
When is the IIOC camp this year?
Old Mon Apr 25, 2005, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

The IIOC camp starts on June 22nd and I don't know when it ends. It is held on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University (my school, oh yeah).
Old Wed Apr 27, 2005, 06:06am
Huck Finn

I'm going to:

WVIAC (DII) camp
CIAA (DII) camp
Mickey Crowley's (Ivy, Patriot) camp
Nike Invitational (will probably be interesting with a possibility of a new assigner present)

I also may have to return to the CAC (DIII) camp for one day.
Old Wed Apr 27, 2005, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I'm going to:

Make sure you introduce yourself, Tommy.
Old Wed Apr 27, 2005, 08:16am
If you need me, text me!

Quote:

I also may have to return to the CAC (DIII) camp for one day.
Tomegun,

Capital? Do you work on the Men's or Women's side? I have worked for Paul the last 2 years on the women's side and will be making a trip to Lycoming for at least one day.

I will also be attending Toliver's camp in June.

OCReferee
Old Wed Apr 27, 2005, 09:49am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
I'm going to:

Make sure you introduce yourself, Tommy.
Chuck, are you on Mickey's staff or are you going as a camper?
Old Wed Apr 27, 2005, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Chuck, are you on Mickey's staff or are you going as a camper?
Just a humble camper. Hopeful, like everybody else.
Old Mon May 02, 2005, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

I would love to get more info on any of these camps everyone is talking about. You can email me at [email protected]. Thank you everyone and if I hear of any camps that are not listed here I will definitely put all the info in here.

Josh
Old Tue May 03, 2005, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

anyone know anything about the "Hoopmountain" camp near the Boston area?