The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WARNING! Off-topic! Do NOT read if you are at all offended by baseball threads!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12969-warning-off-topic-do-not-read-if-you-all-offended-baseball-threads.html)

ChuckElias Wed Sep 01, 2004 07:09am

mick beat me to it. :) Maybe I'll wear my Sox hat to the Stadium on September 18, after all!

On second thought, no I won't.

Dan_ref Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:16am

Re: Oh, my!

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
The Red Sox also cut New York's lead in the AL East to 3 1/2 games with the Yankees losing 22-0 to Cleveland. Boston has trimmed seven games from its deficit since Aug. 15.

Fun! :)

mick

According to this morning's NY Post almost all the Yankees are republican delegates and did not want to miss the Bush twins speech last night. They brought up the short season A league Staten Island Yankees to fill in.

All will be back to normal tonight.

ChuckElias Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:57am

Re: Re: Oh, my!

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
All will be back to normal tonight.
So then you're planning to throw 4 more T's tonight? :)

mick Fri Sep 03, 2004 09:27pm

Gittin' good!

Boston TEX 0 BOS 2 - Final

Yankees BAL 3 NYY 1 - Final

Fun !

ChuckElias Sat Sep 04, 2004 06:36am

It's gonna be fun to sit in Yankee Stadium and watch my first place Sox beat the Yanks in two weeks. :)

How are the papers handling the skid, Dan?

ChuckElias Sat Sep 04, 2004 06:57am

Oh yeah, forgot to ask: How's Kevin Brown feeling this morning? What a dope.

ChuckElias Sat Sep 04, 2004 07:02am

Stat of the day: Yankee starters have recorded wins in only 3 of the last 19 games. Ouch. Course they haven't gotten much support from the offense the last few nights.

Jurassic Referee Sat Sep 04, 2004 07:06am

Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie- never forget the immortal words of Shakespeare-- <i>"He who laughs last is a Yankees fan"</i>

mick Sat Sep 04, 2004 07:40am

He, who laughs, ...lasts.

mick Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09pm

So many times, desperate teams start asking officials to rules against their opponents on weak technicalities hoping to sneak a win.
mick

<font color = white>
<B>Commish to teams: Play on</B>
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees asked the commissioner's office to award them a forfeit over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after they failed to arrive in time Monday because of travel problems due to Hurricane Frances. It was a request that had no chance of being granted. </font>

ChuckElias Tue Sep 07, 2004 08:47am

Can you imagine the gall of a team not traveling through a hurricane to meet the Yankees?!?! The game should be forfeited, the team owner should be fined a bajillion dollars and then the team should be contracted!! The sheer audacity!!

The request for a forfeit is only slightly less stupid than Stenbrenner's comments comparing the Yankees' locker room after the 22-0 loss to the feeling of New Yorkers after 9/11. What an idiot.

On the bright side, you see my man Manny flashin' the leather last night?!? Woo-hoo!! <font size = -4> hee hee hee hee! :D </font>

Jurassic Referee Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:22am

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Can you imagine the gall of a team not traveling through a hurricane to meet the Yankees?!?! The game should be forfeited, the team owner should be fined a bajillion dollars and then the team should be contracted!! The sheer audacity!!

The request for a forfeit is only slightly less stupid than Stenbrenner's comments comparing the Yankees' locker room after the 22-0 loss to the feeling of New Yorkers after 9/11. What an idiot.

On the bright side, you see my man Manny flashin' the leather last night?!? Woo-hoo!! <font size = -4> hee hee hee hee! :D </font>

Chuck, I'd bet Lark's left nut that Tampa Bay will still end up getting fined by the MLB Interim-Commissioner-For Life for that fiasco.

And as for Dr. Strangeglove, anytime that Manny actually makes a catch- any catch- they feature it on SportsCenter. He doesn't have a Gold Glove. It's actually steel. He has learned to play the Monster though, and the dude can flat out hit. Not like that roid-wasted DH on DL that we're paying about $17 mil a year to hit .230.

dblref Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
So many times, desperate teams start asking officials to rules against their opponents on weak technicalities hoping to sneak a win.
mick

<font color = white>
<B>Commish to teams: Play on</B>
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees asked the commissioner's office to award them a forfeit over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after they failed to arrive in time Monday because of travel problems due to Hurricane Frances. It was a request that had no chance of being granted. </font>

Being a die-hard Yankee fan, I was disgusted at the way they tried to do this. I know that's what the rules state, but you don't have a hurricane coming through every day -- well I guess Florida seems to. I would have been with my family and to hell with the game!

Dan_ref Wed Sep 08, 2004 02:36pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Chuck, I'd bet Lark's left nut that Tampa Bay will still end up getting fined by the MLB Interim-Commissioner-For Life for that fiasco.

Looks like you're right...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/30099.htm

(btw, looks like TB & MLB were both saying all weekend they would make Monday's first game on time...)

mick Wed Sep 08, 2004 02:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Looks like you're right...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/30099.htm

(btw, looks like TB & MLB were both saying all weekend they would make Monday's first game on time...)

Interesting, Dan.
The monetary damages make a lot more sense to me, than asking for a forfeit.
I wonder if they get the forfeit, could Tampa Bay get out of paying the tab? :cool:

mick