LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CYO Butch
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by icallfouls
BBallCoach

There are many types of coaches out there. From what I can tell, it seems that you are a divide and conquer type of coach. You attempt to divide referees against each other by thoughts such as this. Rather than repect our efforts and our determination to render fair and just judgements, you prefer to attempt to distract us by making comments that border on personal attacks. I can assure you that type of behavior would get you nowhere with most officials that I work with.

As far as the players remembering interactions that they have with officials, it is rare that a player will recall more than 1 instance because it was not a life changing event. The life changing events come from coaches that help them reach deep inside themselves to shape their lives, both positive and negative.

Who influenced you when you were playing? I would bet that a former coach influenced you enough to become a coach. Why did I become a ref?, because basketball is the greatest game ever and coaches like you who taught me the lessons in life the basketball can provide. I like that association with the game.

Best of luck the rest of the season.
Way to show class icallfouls !
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
gsf23, BballCoach's first post on this thread isn't that offensive, by itself. However, when taken in context of everything (I mean that literally) else he's posted, it smells awfully bad.
Look at his posts in such threads as "how to talk to officials."
Go to Google, do an advanced search for BBallCoach isolated to http://www.officialforum.com, and you'll see what I mean.

Adam
Well said Adam. I was gonna post something sooner, but school started back up, and i haven't been able to get access to a computer during the day.