Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 16, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by WinterWillie
Lets see, the CIAC assistant executive administrator, Tony Mosa told you to call Bill O'Donnell, the state interpreter for IAABO. Where do you think this is coming from CIAC or IAABO? You don't believe me. YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!
First, you tell us to look on the CIAC site.

Then, you tell us to call the IAABO interpreter.

Can you make up your frickin' mind?

Which is it, a CIAC policy or an IAABO policy and where can it be found in print?

Can you at least answer that question?

Chuck, if youll email me with the guy's number, I'll be glad to call him tomorrow.
The CIAC would make the directive. They (CIAC) would then meet with the state board of IAABO officials representing each district and tell them to enforce it. The CIAC uses the NFHS for there rules but often issues rules that surpersede them. When we go to our mandatory interpretation meeting, they (IAABO) discuss any rules changes on a (CIAC)state level and we are told to enforce them. There is no rule book handed out and there is no casebook to back it up. We are told to do it no ifs ands or buts. Bill O'Donnell was the (IAABO) board interpreter of the local board and instructed us to do this, he is also the state board (IAABO) interpreter. In the year 2000, Bill O'Donnell was selected the most outstanding official in the State of Connecticut and received the James E Coogan Award which is given in honor of that distinction. Having worked with him, I can tell you that he was truly deserving of the award.
I worked with a Division 1 College official (Atlantic 10 Conference) last night at a Connecticut high school game and when he requested that contact lenses and inhalers be put in the book, I mentioned the feedback I was getting at the officialforum. He asked me why would an official from North Carolina be so concerned with what officials from Connecticut are directed to do by their state association. I couldn't give him an answer. Maybe he doesn't like what's going to happen when Connecticut goes to North Carolina this Saturday.
Old Fri Jan 16, 2004, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Talking THis gets sweeter all the time!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WinterWillie
The CIAC would make the directive. They (CIAC) would then meet with the state board of IAABO officials representing each district and tell them to enforce it. The CIAC uses the NFHS for there rules but often issues rules that surpersede them. When we go to our mandatory interpretation meeting, they (IAABO) discuss any rules changes on a (CIAC)state level and we are told to enforce them. There is no rule book handed out and there is no casebook to back it up. We are told to do it no ifs ands or buts. Bill O'Donnell was the (IAABO) board interpreter of the local board and instructed us to do this, he is also the state board (IAABO) interpreter. [/QUOTE

You change your story so much I can't keep up with it?

Why did you tell us to look on the CIAC website if the information isn't there? First, you tell us it is, then you tell us it isn't handed out and you can't back it up.

Routinely, such people who do this suffer from credibility issues with others.

Old Sat Jan 17, 2004, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Contact lenses

Quote:

Without regard to whether you're an IAABO, a CIAC, or an ABCDEFG official, I have now heard from 1 scorer and 3 other officials who officiate basketball in the state of Connecticut. All four tell me that they've NEVER been told, nor have they ever seen another official rquire the information to be placed in the book.

Evidently, you're the only official in the entire state who does this. [/B]
I have identified the person who told me to put contact lenses and inhalers in the book, now you identify the three officials who officiate basketball in the state of Connecticut who told you that they've NEVER been told, nor have they ever seen another official reqire the information to be placed in the book. If you do not or won't identify the officials involved then you are the one who has absolutely no credibility.
Old Sat Jan 17, 2004, 10:51am
In Memoriam

Re: Contact lenses

Quote:
[/B]
I have identified the person who told me to put contact lenses and inhalers in the book, now you identify the three officials who officiate basketball in the state of Connecticut who told you that they've NEVER been told, nor have they ever seen another official reqire the information to be placed in the book. If you do not or won't identify the officials involved then you are the one who has absolutely no credibility.
[/B][/QUOTE]Willie,if you've identified the person, then give us his name, title, and a way to contact him- e-mail preferably. You told us to contact the CIAC. Well, Chuck Elias did, and they've never heard of the procedure that you're claming is a rule.Now you're claiming someone else put the rule in . Someone on this board will contact that person, if it will settle this once and for all.

Btw, if you don't post contact information for this person, let me suggest that you just drop this thread so that we can all forget about it. No more excuses, please.
Old Sat Jan 17, 2004, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Troll

I would just ignore him. He's obviously trolling.
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 06:24am
Official Forum Member

Contact lenses

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
[/B]
Willie,if you've identified the person, then give us his name, title, and a way to contact him- e-mail preferably. You told us to contact the CIAC. Well, Chuck Elias did, and they've never heard of the procedure that you're claming is a rule.Now you're claiming someone else put the rule in . Someone on this board will contact that person, if it will settle this once and for all.

Btw, if you don't post contact information for this person, let me suggest that you just drop this thread so that we can all forget about it. No more excuses, please. [/B][/QUOTE]

Chuck, The CIAC complies with the National Federation rules. I do not see any rule governing contact lenses. I suggest that you contact the CIAC
interpreter, Bill O'Donnell, @ [phone number withheld].
Tony Mosa, CIAC

Elias lives on the Connecticut/Massachusetts border, it would not be a problem for him to contact the CIAC interpreter, that is unless you don't want the truth. The only way this will end is when you understand that in Connecticut, we are directed to put contact lenses and inhalers in the book. End of story. End of thread.

Note: You may think of this as a "board", but in reality this is only a chatroom.
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 07:05am
In Memoriam

Re: Contact lenses

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Btw, if you don't post contact information for this person, let me suggest that you just drop this thread so that we can all forget about it. No more excuses, please.
End of thread.

[/B]
Amen!
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Re: Contact lenses

Quote:
Note: You may think of this as a "board", but in reality this is only a chatroom.
You must be butter 'cause you're on a roll! You're wrong every time you post!

This is not a chatroom. Chat rooms are realtime discussionsessions where you can speak directly to the group or an individual. If you are not logged into the room, you do not see the discussions that occur when you're absent.

This is a discussion forum or board. You can correctly refer to it as either. Posts are made and you can read them anytime. You do not have to be logged to view posts that occur when you're not online.

This is not a chatroom.
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

UConn/NC

Quote:
Quote:
You must be butter 'cause you're on a roll! You're wrong every time you post!

This is not a chatroom. Chat rooms are realtime discussionsessions where you can speak directly to the group or an individual. If you are not logged into the room, you do not see the discussions that occur when you're absent.

This is a discussion forum or board. You can correctly refer to it as either. Posts are made and you can read them anytime. You do not have to be logged to view posts that occur when you're not online.

This is not a chatroom.
Semantics, semantics, semantics.
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Hey, you brought it up.

A discussion forum is not a chatroom.
Old Sun Jan 18, 2004, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

Re: UConn/NC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WinterWillie
[B]
Quote:
Quote:
Semantics, semantics, semantics.
Wille,

Why would you give such a reply when you are the one who brought up the issue of definitions and semantic?
Closed Thread