View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 16, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by WinterWillie
Lets see, the CIAC assistant executive administrator, Tony Mosa told you to call Bill O'Donnell, the state interpreter for IAABO. Where do you think this is coming from CIAC or IAABO? You don't believe me. YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!
First, you tell us to look on the CIAC site.

Then, you tell us to call the IAABO interpreter.

Can you make up your frickin' mind?

Which is it, a CIAC policy or an IAABO policy and where can it be found in print?

Can you at least answer that question?

Chuck, if youll email me with the guy's number, I'll be glad to call him tomorrow.
The CIAC would make the directive. They (CIAC) would then meet with the state board of IAABO officials representing each district and tell them to enforce it. The CIAC uses the NFHS for there rules but often issues rules that surpersede them. When we go to our mandatory interpretation meeting, they (IAABO) discuss any rules changes on a (CIAC)state level and we are told to enforce them. There is no rule book handed out and there is no casebook to back it up. We are told to do it no ifs ands or buts. Bill O'Donnell was the (IAABO) board interpreter of the local board and instructed us to do this, he is also the state board (IAABO) interpreter. In the year 2000, Bill O'Donnell was selected the most outstanding official in the State of Connecticut and received the James E Coogan Award which is given in honor of that distinction. Having worked with him, I can tell you that he was truly deserving of the award.
I worked with a Division 1 College official (Atlantic 10 Conference) last night at a Connecticut high school game and when he requested that contact lenses and inhalers be put in the book, I mentioned the feedback I was getting at the officialforum. He asked me why would an official from North Carolina be so concerned with what officials from Connecticut are directed to do by their state association. I couldn't give him an answer. Maybe he doesn't like what's going to happen when Connecticut goes to North Carolina this Saturday.