The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I don't understand the difference between AR 13 and AR 14 on page 54 of the rulebook. Can somebody help me out. In AR 13, A1 and A2 are both injured or bleeding. Team A calls a TO and both A1 and A2 are allowed to continue playing after the TO.

In AR 14, A1 is injured and B1 is bleeding. Team B calls TO and after the TO, A1 is NOT allowed to continue in the game.

Can somebody tell me what the difference is between these two cases?

[Edited by ChuckElias on Nov 26th, 2003 at 10:53 AM]
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I don't understand the difference between AR 13 and AR 14 on page 54 of the rulebook. Can somebody help me out. In AR 13, A1 and B1 are both injured or bleeding. Team A calls a TO and both A1 and B1 are allowed to continue playing after the TO.

In AR 14, A1 is injured and B1 is bleeding. Team B calls TO and after the TO, A1 is NOT allowed to continue in the game.

Can somebody tell me what the difference is between these two cases?
Reread the cases (are you using this year's book?):

AR13 -- A1 and A2 (teammates) are injured -- one TO allows both to remain (a team need not take a TO for each).

AR14 -- A1 is the only one injured, but B (the other team) takes the TO. The team of the injured player must take a TO to "buy" A1's way back into the game.

Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
AR13 -- A1 and A2 (teammates) are injured -- one TO allows both to remain (a team need not take a TO for each).
Ah! I am using this year's book, but read it too fast. (I've edited my original post to properly reflect the AR, even tho it makes me look stupider than usual ) So that answers one question, thank you; but raises another. The reason I asked the question in the first place was due to this test question:

Quote:
A1 and B1 collide. A1 is bleeding and B1's shirt is saturated with blood. Both players are directed to the bench. Team A requests and is granted a TO. After the TO, both players are ready and return to the court. The official allows both players to enter and continue to play. Is the official correct?
The answer is YES! I had originally thought that AR 13 covered it (since only one team took a TO in that case), but now see that AR 13 doesn't apply, b/c it is talking about teammates. This question deals with opponents.

Any other thoughts, Bob?
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
A1 and B1 collide. A1 is bleeding and B1's shirt is saturated with blood. Both players are directed to the bench. Team A requests and is granted a TO. After the TO, both players are ready and return to the court. The official allows both players to enter and continue to play. Is the official correct?
The answer is YES! I had originally thought that AR 13 covered it (since only one team took a TO in that case), but now see that AR 13 doesn't apply, b/c it is talking about teammates. This question deals with opponents.

Any other thoughts, Bob?
Yes -- I've thought the test answer is incorrect.

We discussed it here a few weeks ago.

Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 01:49pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

If B1's shirt is soaked with A1's blood, does B still need to buy his return with a TO?
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Any other thoughts, Bob?

We discussed it here a few weeks ago.[/B][/QUOTE]
Any confirmation from NCAA that the test answer is incorrect? And how did I miss that thread? You know where it is?
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Any other thoughts, Bob?

We discussed it here a few weeks ago.
Any confirmation from NCAA that the test answer is incorrect? And how did I miss that thread? You know where it is? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, but if you write Barb Jacobs you might get an answer.

Don't know.

No.