Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 01, 2003, 03:02pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Mregor

Mregor

With that said, my absolute favorite line to an assistant coach is, "I have to take that from Batman, but I'm sure as hell not taking it from Robin. Sit down please." That one will get some smiles from the crowd and probably the head coach as well.
That's what I thought too...until I used it last year. None of the coaches thought it was funny, and after they called my supervisor and it cost me a college playoff game, I decided I wouldn't rely on "snappy" comebacks anymore...
Old Mon Dec 01, 2003, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Another reference to NCAA interps

This was posted by ocreferee in a thread on hair bands. After the part that talks about what should and should not be in the hair, there is a discussion of appropriate conduct wth respect to coaches in a part on tableside mechanic (P. 7). Sarcasm is a no-no, brief and confident are emphasized, as well as eye contact during dead balls. Although this is clearly only NCAA policy (tableside is their mechanic), it is good guidance for how to handle situations regardless of the level that you ref.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/baske...3/20030110.pdf
Old Mon Dec 01, 2003, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Another reference to NCAA interps

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
This was posted by ocreferee in a thread on hair bands. After the part that talks about what should and should not be in the hair, there is a discussion of appropriate conduct wth respect to coaches in a part on tableside mechanic (P. 7). Sarcasm is a no-no, brief and confident are emphasized, as well as eye contact during dead balls. Although this is clearly only NCAA policy (tableside is their mechanic), it is good guidance for how to handle situations regardless of the level that you ref.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/baske...3/20030110.pdf
Great catch, Hawks!