Thread: Comebacks
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 01, 2003, 02:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

They have not earned that right.

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
I also don't agree with the philosophy of not giving asst. coaches any slack. If you treat me with disrespect and 'put me in my place' and next year I'm a head coach, my opinion of you will NEVER change no matter how professionally you treat me from now on. Treat everybody with respect and dignity, head coach or water girl and you will be treated the same, for the most part.
Well, when they are a head coach, then they will get treated as such. Until then, if I start answering questions of more than one individual on the bench, I might as well go up in the stands and ask the fans to what they think as well. Now if they want to help their coach out and ask something during a timeout, like "where will the ball be located after the timeout?" Or they want to ask, "are we shooting 2 shots or a 1 and 1?" I have no problem with that, but when it starts dealing with "why was that called," we are going to have problems. In doing 3 sports, that is a very common practice. For one with your back turned, you want to know who to address when they are asking questions, not hearing 5 different questions from 5 different sources.

Just an opinion.

Peace