The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Hi to all Its finially here 2nd JUCO game of the year and I got a question Player A shoots with 1.5 sec left B blocks with one hand come to rest on the floor at the same time ball lands in B's hands the A regains control Horn goes off after the block Shot clock or no?? I called it a no But after started to question on the ride home. any thoughts?? ThanksPatMac
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat McCarthy
Hi to all Its finially here 2nd JUCO game of the year and I got a question Player A shoots with 1.5 sec left B blocks with one hand come to rest on the floor at the same time ball lands in B's hands the A regains control Horn goes off after the block Shot clock or no?? I called it a no But after started to question on the ride home. any thoughts?? ThanksPatMac
I'm having trouble envisioning the play, but if B gained control, the clock would be reset, and if A regained control, the clock would again be reset.

If B never gained control, the clock wouldn't have been reset and it would be a violation on A.
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

B gained momentary control when the ball landed in their hands the same time that A got it back
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

B would have to clearly establish control - any momentary "looked like they had it" with respect to defense is no control IMO. A retains control until B demonstrates otherwise. Not having seen it, it doesn't sound like control, but you saw it, so you need to judge.

If B clearly had control, then team control shifts momentarily to B and shot clock resets.
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Cool

This must have been a doozy of a goofy play if you needed that horrible of a run-on sentence to explain it!
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
This must have been a doozy of a goofy play if you needed that horrible of a run-on sentence to explain it!
If it was hard to call, it should be hard to write.