The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks all for the wisdom. First set of games in rec league for the season is next weekend. Appreciate it.

C
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
The other thing I do (during games) is to say to myself "blue's on defense . . . blue's on defense" this helps me with directions of OOB calls and with focusing on the blue players.
My mantra is "White ball, blue arrow. White ball, blue arrow". Same idea. Seems to help.
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chin Ref
One of the very few things I don't like my association is they want us to ref the game even the team jerseys are Blue & Blue. It's difficult for me to ref the defense.
Those 2 schools have to know by now they will have this problem every year. Why can't they get some of those cheap/ugly shirts you put on one team during PE class? My school can't afford (doesn't want to afford) 2 uniforms. There is another school with the same color same problem. We learned long ago this will happen every year and made a deal that the visiting team always has to wear the ugly covers.
--Here in Japan the popular shirt used in PE class is bright flourescent yellow--ugliest thing I ever saw but it is cheap so every school has them. Only cost a couple dollars each.--It's easy to tell the teams apart with one of those things on .
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by oc
... the visiting team always has to wear the ugly covers.
Vocabulary time, children!! "ugly covers" are called "pinafores", or "pinnies" for short. Although I heard one kid call them "flaps" once. Not bad!