The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 09, 2021, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Technical foul administration in college

Let me preface by saying I have never worked college basketball, but I've seen hundreds of games. I've never really paid attention to how a technical foul is administered in college because I always thought it was 2 shots and then point of interruption.

Today I went and watched games in the juco regional tournament in my home state. There were 4 technicals in 2 games. In the women's game, both techs were 2 shots and the ball at half court to the shooting team.

In the men's game both techs were point of interruption. 1 was a 1 shot T, the other was a 2 shot T.

Just for my own knowledge can anybody explain why the difference? Thanks.
Old Fri Apr 09, 2021, 09:17pm
Courageous When Prudent

Men's: administrative and Class B techs are 1 shot (except for excessive time-out or 6 players on court). Flagrant, Class A, and two aforementioned techs are 2 shots. Flagrant and Contact Dead Ball Techs are not POI.

Women have their own rules unrelated to what Men do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Apr 09, 2021 at 09:20pm.
Old Fri Apr 09, 2021, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

In women's rules, player/substitute and bench technical fouls now result in the offending team receiving possession at the division line opposite the table. This was a new change as of the 2019-20 season.