The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 07, 2021, 09:52am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
That would make sense if there were any other players on that half of the court, but in this case there aren’t any. It is just the official, the inbounder and a teammate in the backcourt. The official isn’t looking at a nearby matchup, he just isn’t paying any attention to the routine, unpressured throw-in.

And I can see myself making that mistake in a moment, too. I'm just saying I don't see it as a nefarious plot to not call violations.

The better the play the better we expect them to do basic things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old Sun Feb 07, 2021, 12:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Is This Microphone Working ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
... a nefarious plot to not call violations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... I'm not 100% certain that it's a violation in NFHS? It certainly "looks" odd and like it should be a violation, but I believe that he releases the ball before is right foot hits the court inbounds. There is no boundary plane for inbounders (feet, ball, hands, or body) in the NFHS, just defenders. The running start makes it look odd and the start of the bounce pass looks very much like the start of a dribble, but it isn't ...
For those of us that don't officiate NBA games, is this an actual NFHS violation? If so, why?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 07, 2021 at 12:59pm.
Old Sun Feb 07, 2021, 12:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Slight Murmur By The Fans ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
And I can see myself making that mistake in a moment ...
I've had a few of these over forty years. I barely notice something "odd" in my peripheral vision, and there's a slight murmur by the fans, and I say to myself, I wish that I was paying closer attention.

Defensive coaches seldom complain because on routine no pressure backcourt throwins they're usually communicating with their players upcourt regarding defensive assignments. Of course, offensive coaches aren't going to complain for obvious reasons.

But there's always a few fans of the offended team in the bleachers, often near the endlines, who notice and complain, thus the slight murmur from the crowd in the cheap seats.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 08, 2021 at 10:36am.
Old Sun Feb 07, 2021, 04:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

I see a lot of officials do not pay attention to throw-in legality and mostly after a made basket. This looked bad, but often it is too routine for many of us so we do not pay attention to the details.

I say this because I have called these violations with no pressure only to be argued how much they did not violate. It is actually kind of funny how lazy players are to make throw-ins sometimes.

Peace