The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

is this right on college review?

they can review for out of bounds call, but if clear foul was missed and responsible, they can't take that into consideration?

KU game yesterday, last couple minutes, TT reached in and raked Dotson's forearm. ball ended up going out and with no foul call, they reviewed and thankfully it was out on TT anyway. But if out on KU, would they award that to TT and not be able to call the foul?

That is a ridiculous result if so. How about if you take the time to go to the monitor, you go ahead and get the call right? how does the rules committee come up with this nonsense? who would be against, you know, going ahead and getting it right? the players? the fans? the coaches? the officials?

if I'm wrong on how this works, let me apologize in advance.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 11:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
they can review for out of bounds call, but if clear foul was missed and responsible, they can't take that into consideration?

KU game yesterday, last couple minutes, TT reached in and raked Dotson's forearm. ball ended up going out and with no foul call, they reviewed and thankfully it was out on TT anyway. But if out on KU, would they award that to TT and not be able to call the foul?

That is a ridiculous result if so. How about if you take the time to go to the monitor, you go ahead and get the call right? how does the rules committee come up with this nonsense? who would be against, you know, going ahead and getting it right? the players? the fans? the coaches? the officials?

Well, they can't review and come out with a common foul, so there's where you're wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 02:53pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
... who would be against, you know, going ahead and getting it right? the players? the fans? the coaches? the officials?advance.
Well, coaches (& ADs) do write the rules.

Quote:
The only time you can come back from a monitor review with a common foul is if a foul of any type is called in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Well, coaches (& ADs) do write the rules.

The only time you can come back from a monitor review with a common foul is if a foul of any type is called in the first place.

So if they miss a foul, and the ball is off the fouled team, they have to award the ball to the fouling team, i.e. get it wrong. that is a ridiculous result. delay the game and give the wrong team the ball. why not enable them to get it right? I know no one on here is an authority involved, just pointing out how wrong it is
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 04:55pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
So if they miss a foul, and the ball is off the fouled team, they have to award the ball to the fouling team, i.e. get it wrong. that is a ridiculous result. delay the game and give the wrong team the ball. why not enable them to get it right? I know no one on here is an authority involved, just pointing out how wrong it is
Maybe one day somebody will have the brilliant idea of letting officials be part of the rules making committee. Until then...

Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 06:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Brilliant I Say, Brilliant ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... letting officials be part of the rules making committee.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Mar 09, 2020, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

monitors

It's my understanding that they don't want judgment of contact to be re-officiated.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2020, 02:20pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
It's my understanding that they don't want judgment of contact to be re-officiated.
I would tend to agree. Folks already complain about the amount of time spent at the monitor.