The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 29, 2019, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Michigan vs Texas Tech

Please don't show anything from that game for any reason. That game wasted 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

Seriously though, 2 reviews early on for a potential flagrant one. I thought neither was worthy of more than what was called. In fact, the second, which was the lop to Teske I'm not sure was even a foul, certainly it wasn't an F1.

The question is did TTU put something on the rim to keep Michigan's shots from dropping? It was an embarrassing game all around.

Best line of the night was "Maybe if we had Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady we might be able to keep an audience."
Old Fri Mar 29, 2019, 02:27am
Official Forum Member

Chap,

Do you have ties to Big Blue or were you just frustrated with the quality of play in the game???
Old Fri Mar 29, 2019, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Seriously though, 2 reviews early on for a potential flagrant one. I thought neither was worthy of more than what was called. In fact, the second, which was the lop to Teske I'm not sure was even a foul, certainly it wasn't an F1.
I was at that game--alas, pretty high up. I had the same reaction to both reviews--not much to review, and even if there was, what the heck took so long? (I kinda think if a flagrant wasn't called, and you can't tell in 20 seconds that it should have, it's time to move on.) I also think that NCAA needs a rule that if they go to monitor within a minute of the next TV time out, they should just take the TV time out. It was absolutely brutal to have those two long reviews (not that far apart) with the (extra-long for the tournament) TV time outs as well. Dang near like watching baseball--which is at least trying to improve pacing instead of making it worse and worse.
Old Fri Mar 29, 2019, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Chap,

Do you have ties to Big Blue or were you just frustrated with the quality of play in the game???
Grandmother was a music professor at UM from 60's to 80's and my mother works for Michigan Medicine. (UM Health System)