The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 18, 2019, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
Will they both get an extra suspension for not leaving when ejected?
Coaches rarely get suspended at that level for ejections, even if they don't "leave in a timely manner" like the NBA requires.
Old Sat Jan 19, 2019, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

shocker, I see this differently than the rest of you. one T is ok, after that the young guy overreacted rather than taking stock of what was happening. if these 2 coaches that knew each other were coming at each other with a hand out, let the moment happen. be human. It actually would have been a nice moment. I think Pat got it. The 2nd official overl-reacted and created a cluster. that people management separates good officials from great officials. it isn't us vs. them. help them settle down, and if they want to shake hands, let them. don't cite 'out of the coaching box' for a 2nd tech in that situation. teaching moment that is lost on the posters that have weighed in so far.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

It takes a great official to get to D1. Knock it off.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 12:48am
Courageous When Prudent

The second technicals could not have been for being out of the coaching box. That is a Class B technical and would not have led to an ejection. So come up with a new theory for that one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 04:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
shocker, I see this differently than the rest of you. one T is ok, after that the young guy overreacted rather than taking stock of what was happening. if these 2 coaches that knew each other were coming at each other with a hand out, let the moment happen. be human. It actually would have been a nice moment. I think Pat got it. The 2nd official overl-reacted and created a cluster. that people management separates good officials from great officials. it isn't us vs. them. help them settle down, and if they want to shake hands, let them. don't cite 'out of the coaching box' for a 2nd tech in that situation. teaching moment that is lost on the posters that have weighed in so far.
This guy is clueless. Always has been as long as he has posted here. Ignore whatever he writes.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 06:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The second technicals could not have been for being out of the coaching box. That is a Class B technical and would not have led to an ejection. So come up with a new theory for that one.

Hmmm, I guess that that rule shouldn't have been cited by the officials in the statement that they were quoted in after the game, per the USA Today article cited.

C'mon, a 5 minute delay for that? Embarrassing. the 2nd shouldn't have happened, nor the ridiculous delay. There are young guys that read this forum and can learn from this. The lesson they learn from the rest of you on this is very inappropriate.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 10:56am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Hmmm, I guess that that rule shouldn't have been cited by the officials in the statement that they were quoted in after the game, per the USA Today article cited.

C'mon, a 5 minute delay for that? Embarrassing. the 2nd shouldn't have happened, nor the ridiculous delay. There are young guys that read this forum and can learn from this. The lesson they learn from the rest of you on this is very inappropriate.
The 5 minute delay would have been precluded if they would have the ejected those clowns immediately. I don't officiate games to entertain idiot coaches who think they can take over while we sit back and let them figure out what they're going to do. If they want to be juvenile a$$holes and hold up the game, then whatever happens to them is on them and not the officials.

The fact that you support such clownfish behavior from coaches says a lot about you and whether or not you're currently an official or just a troll fan who likes to stir up s***.

That USA article citation is wrong on its face. Rule 10 section 1 covers personal fouls. It's Appendix III Section 1 that covers bench decorum.

Last edited by Raymond; Sun Jan 20, 2019 at 11:04am.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The 5 minute delay would have been precluded if they would have the ejected those clowns immediately. I don't officiate games to entertain idiot coaches who think they can take over while we sit back and let them figure out what they're going to do. If they want to be juvenile a$$holes and hold up the game, then whatever happens to them is on them and not the officials.

The fact that you support such clownfish behavior from coaches says a lot about you and whether or not you're currently an official or just a troll fan who likes to stir up s***.

That USA article citation is wrong on its face. Rule 10 section 1 covers personal fouls. It's Appendix III Section 1 that covers bench decorum.

It's quoting a statement from the officials. This was a clown show because the officials didn't manage it properly.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 12:13pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
It's quoting a statement from the officials. This was a clown show because the officials didn't manage it properly.
It was a clown show because the coaches have the same mentality as you have.

And the citation given by the USA today was obviously wrong. Any halfway competent referee would have recognized it immediately. Guess that tells a lot about your qualifications on this subject.

Last edited by Raymond; Sun Jan 20, 2019 at 12:17pm.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It was a clown show because the coaches have the same mentality as you have.

And the citation given by the USA today was obviously wrong. Any halfway competent referee would have recognized it immediately. Guess that tells a lot about your qualifications on this subject.

Uhhh, the article was quoting a statement from the OFFICIALS. I actually think you can see the other 2 officials trying to figure out if they can back out of the 2nd tech's during the videotape. The kid misunderstood why the coaches approached each other. check it out
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Uhhh, the article was quoting a statement from the OFFICIALS. I actually think you can see the other 2 officials trying to figure out if they can back out of the 2nd tech's during the videotape. The kid misunderstood why the coaches approached each other. check it out
You're assuming the article was accurate.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 01:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
So they are supposed to allow the coaches to yell at each other all day? And when told to knock it off essentially, they are to just allow it to continue? Why would a coach need to shake the hand of another coach afterward during the game?

I am sorry, but I have not been in many games where coaches start yelling at each other. I have had one situation in my career where I had to stop the game and address it, but the coaches realized how stupid they looked and stopped. These coaches did not do that. I have no issues with the way the officials handled. I bet the coaches do not do that again or other coaches realize how stupid that looks. Unusual for sure, but I not sure what you want them to do if the coaches are too dumb to stop.

Peace
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 01:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Actually, only one coach was putting his hand out. The other one was not having it or trying to make any peace. So you are wrong there.

Also, you have no idea what they said to each other. I doubt it was just simple words or simple actions. They likely said something to each other that was inappropriate from the start.

Peace
Old Sun Jan 20, 2019, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

I'd say the young guy came in under the "have another official call the 2nd tech" approach and jumped the gun. It should have been handled better and Pat was on his way to doing that. we are all entitled to our perspective, I maintain with a great official, the situation is diffused before you hand out 4 techs, particularly when the coaches were not yelling at each other on the last 2. that's quite a disruption, both head coaches gone and 5 minute delay.. I know I know, they are at fault not the officials, not in my book on that one. It should have been managed better. In fact, I'm pretty sure from the tape that they weren't arguing with each other when the ejections were called c'mon what is up with that?
Old Tue Jan 22, 2019, 01:20pm
Often wrong never n doubt

Quote:
I'd say the young guy came in under the "have another official call the 2nd tech" approach and jumped the gun. It should have been handled better and Pat was on his way to doing that. we are all entitled to our perspective, I maintain with a great official, the situation is diffused before you hand out 4 techs, particularly when the coaches were not yelling at each other on the last 2. that's quite a disruption, both head coaches gone and 5 minute delay.. I know I know, they are at fault not the officials, not in my book on that one. It should have been managed better. In fact, I'm pretty sure from the tape that they weren't arguing with each other when the ejections were called c'mon what is up with that?

Were they returning to their benches when the second Ts were called? Nope. Were they continuing to be be out of their box, now approaching each other, still speaking to each other and delaying the game further when he second Ts were called? Yep Why should the Coaches continue to get to act inappropriately during the middle of the game without penalty?