The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

UConn-Tulsa: Two Coach Ejections

Did anyone clip the video of the spat between the UConn and Tulsa head coaches that eventually led to both of them getting dumped?
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Danny Hurley and Frank Haith, right? Some guys at work were talking about it this morning. Big blowup in front of the score table, or something. I'd like to see the video too.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

A little help here. When did these happen?

Peace
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

11:19 2nd half.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:28pm
Often wrong never n doubt

Article on it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ke/2599373002/
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Hurley said he felt "...as though that situation escalated because of the officials and the way they handled the situation." after the first technical fouls were issued.

It doesn't look like it to me.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Hurley said he felt "...as though that situation escalated because of the officials and the way they handled the situation." after the first technical fouls were issued.
Of course he did.

When's the last time these coaches ever publicly took accountability for their behavior rather than passing the buck to someone else?
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Funny, one of my supervisors is on this game. I wonder if we will hear the back story later.

Peace
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Of course he did.

When's the last time these coaches ever publicly took accountability for their behavior rather than passing the buck to someone else?
heh...yep. It's all right there on film, coaches.

I do hope we get some of that back story from Rut's sup later, too.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post

It doesn't look like it to me.
So, after being warned by one official and then receiving technical fouls by a second, the situation escalated because the officials didn't do their job by doing what exactly? Should they have duct taped your mouths shut to keep you in the game?
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
So, after being warned by one official and then receiving technical fouls by a second, the situation escalated because the officials didn't do their job by doing what exactly? Should they have duct taped your mouths shut to keep you in the game?
It's like coaches saying a player got hurt/could've got hurt because the officials didn't do their job. Well, we engage in good communication with players and call fouls. What else are we supposed to do to ensure Rusty doesn't hurt Jimmy? Run between them during a drive to the basket and make sure we keep them separated?

Good grief.

At some point coaches (and players) have to take responsibility for what they *can* control....and that is their mouths and professional candor.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Will they both get an extra suspension for not leaving when ejected?
Old Fri Jan 18, 2019, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I think the first official was issuing a double technical foul, not a warning. My understanding was that the disqualification was for 2 technical. Unless they had one each from earlier.

My only question on this was did the second official realize that his partner had given a technical already. The mechanics used by the first official were a little odd as he appeared to give the double foul signal, but not the "T" signal.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2019, 10:15am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
I think the first official was issuing a double technical foul, not a warning. My understanding was that the disqualification was for 2 technical. Unless they had one each from earlier.

My only question on this was did the second official realize that his partner had given a technical already. The mechanics used by the first official were a little odd as he appeared to give the double foul signal, but not the "T" signal.
Marques Pettigrew gave double warning, then Pat Adams gave double T, then Marques gave second double T and ejected both coaches, pretty simple to understand.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2019, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Marques Pettigrew gave double warning, then Pat Adams gave double T, then Marques gave second double T and ejected both coaches, pretty simple to understand.
Well I don't know the officials names, but I guess I missed the second technical if the first official issued a warning. Perhaps the call for the second T didn't occur on camera