The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 09, 2018, 09:49pm
This IS My Social Life

Referee's "Prep Basketball 2018-19": A Cursory Review

I ordered this "Referee Special Edition" from Referee Magazine and got it in the mail today. From the promotional descriptions it seemed that it would be kinda an expanded version of the Preseason Guide. I thought I'd give it a chance. Cursory overview thus far has resulted in quite a positive impression. A seemingly reasonable balance between easily digestible articles on mechanics, new rules, review of the new rules from last year, officiating philosophy, and quiz questions covering a variety of topics. Haven't gone through every article or quiz question yet, though, some of the articles seem quite familiar to me .
Seems like a publication I wish our association had funds to provide to all basketball officials this year.
Any opinions from others who've invested in this resource?
(I may have divergent opinions on certain matters once I have a chance to dive into the publication more deeply. And, as always, I reserve the right to be wrong...)
Old Tue Oct 09, 2018, 10:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

The guy on the front of the page is from one of my associations or the one I was an Executive Board member.

I loved last year's guide too.

Peace