The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 25, 2018, 11:00pm
This IS My Social Life

Need 4-44-4b

I'm trying to compile video illustrations of what each of the "13 Facets" of traveling NFHS rule 4-44 might look like. I'm missing 4-44-4b. Can't conceptualize nor find anything on this particular facet of 4-44.
Anybody got a video clip illustrating that? Or an explanation of what it might look like so I can act it out and video it?

Thus far: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1id...LRUnb8IFyuuI2k

Last edited by Freddy; Tue Sep 25, 2018 at 11:07pm.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 02:40am
Courageous When Prudent

You'd have to find a play where A1 catches or intercepts a pass while airborne, alights off 1 foot, then legally lands on 2 feet. A1 cannot lift either foot prior to starting a dribble. Good luck putting that into your search engine.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Didn't we just experience that in a recent post regarding a BC violation on a throw-in? Maybe we are not talking about the same action.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 04:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now (McFadden & Whitehead, 1979) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Good luck putting that into your search engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Didn't we just experience that in a recent post regarding a BC violation ...
No problem for Freddy. If there's a relevant video out there, he'll track it down. He's like a bloodhound.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 26, 2018 at 04:20pm.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 11:07pm
This IS My Social Life

Close, but not Perfect

I think I might have found a clip at least somewhat close to what I was looking for. Might take a little directed prompting by the presenter doing the training, but it might be usable to illustrate a legal 4-44-2a3 act followed by a 4-44-4b violation. See what you think.

The player catches the ball while moving with both feet off the floor, landing on one foot, then jumps off that foot to (at least momentarily) simultaneously land on both (4-44-2a3).

Then, the player lifts one foot (actually he slides his foot from the place where it originally touched) before the ball is released to start a dribble, a violation of 4-44-4b.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 11:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I'd Like One Of Those Rainfall Shower Heads ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You'd have to find a play where A1 catches or intercepts a pass while airborne, alights off 1 foot, then legally lands on 2 feet. A1 cannot lift either foot prior to starting a dribble. Good luck putting that into your search engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
No problem for Freddy. If there's a relevant video out there, he'll track it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I think I might have found a clip at least somewhat close to what I was looking for. The player catches the ball while moving with both feet off the floor, landing on one foot, then jumps off that foot to (at least momentarily) simultaneously land on both (4-44-2a3).
I told you. There's not an obscure, but relevant, video, that Freddy can't find. And, believe it or not, he can do this while at the same time replacing all the plumbing in your remodeled bathroom. Freddy's the man.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 27, 2018 at 12:47am.