The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 28, 2017, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Video Request - Louisville vs Purdue

2nd Half. 6:36 remaining. Players go to the floor after a loose ball. Foul called on Purdue player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Tue Nov 28, 2017, 10:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Here is the play.

Peace
Old Tue Nov 28, 2017, 10:52pm
AremRed

Watching live I knew what Szelc saw from his position and was ok with it. I’m still ok with it. Painter shoulda been whacked.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

I'm all for calling fouls when players dive into other players and knock them over but the contact was mostly A1's forearm on the shoulder of B1. Not really much there caused by B1. He dove to the floor going for the ball and didn't contact A1 in doing so. I'd hope for a no call on that.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 03:08am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I'm all for calling fouls when players dive into other players and knock them over but the contact was mostly A1's forearm on the shoulder of B1. Not really much there caused by B1. He dove to the floor going for the ball and didn't contact A1 in doing so. I'd hope for a no call on that.
It's a defendable foul. Edwards is on the ground and his legs come around and help trip the Louisville player to the ground. Watch the angle at 0:22.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
It's a defendable foul. Edwards is on the ground and his legs come around and help trip the Louisville player to the ground. Watch the angle at 0:22.
That's ridiculous. He drives straight toward the ball. The Louisville player takes himself off the floor. There's no foul here.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We tend to let too much go on these types of plays -- but this is one where we should have passed, imo.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If I could 'like' a post I would like this one. My thoughts exactly.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

As usual, I am going to read waaay more into it...

Bad call and not a defensive foul, plus red got it anyway, however.....

I feel that the ref was disappointed that he did not possibly have a cylinder foul and, moreso, passed on the defensive armbar for 2 dribbles. Then he felt obligated to the offense (shot clock at 10) and all that pulled his trigger. The reaction from the defensive player/coach/crowd would have been much less had he initially called, in a selling fashion, the defensive armbar.

This type of "psychological" call is frequent. Official hesitates on one thing then reacts to quickly on the next.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2017, 02:36pm
Courageous When Prudent

Again, we have a play that may have looked one way on the court, but was actually something else now that we go to the video.

I can understand the call b/c it does look like the Purdue player took out the Louisville player's legs. But once you review the video, you see that's not the case.

So now, for me, that puts a little catalog entry in my brain to make sure I actually see contact on this type of play before putting a whistle on it.