The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Tourn Friday March 24 video requests (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102468-ncaa-tourn-friday-march-24-video-requests.html)

Nevadaref Fri Mar 24, 2017 06:41pm

NCAA Tourn Friday March 24 video requests

UNC/Butler
6:49 of the first half
C calls a travel from behind the Butler player. Looks as if the ball was knocked loose by a bump from a defender.

Nevadaref Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:08pm

Baylor/S. Carolina on TBS
6:49 left in the first half (lol same time as the other game)
Is the contact from behind during the S. Carolina transition worthy of a foul? If so, which official should be responsible?

AremRed Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:12pm

Don't need video of these plays, just commenting.

South Carolina/Baylor

6:09 first half -- John Gaffney signals two shots on a 1 and 1, stands on the court next to defender. Realizes it is supposed to be 1 and 1, backs out of lane. No one goes to rebound on the release but thankfully the shot is made.

I saw another play Mike Roberts had earlier where it looked like he was about to call an illegal screen on South Carolina but then pointed at the Baylor player.

Not the smoothest first half for this crew.

SC Official Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:18pm

2:50 first half Baylor/SC. Transition block call.

What did the defender do wrong?

JRutledge Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1003350)
UNC/Butler
6:49 of the first half
C calls a travel from behind the Butler player. Looks as if the ball was knocked loose by a bump from a defender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1003351)
Baylor/S. Carolina on TBS
6:49 left in the first half (lol same time as the other game)
Is the contact from behind during the S. Carolina transition worthy of a foul? If so, which official should be responsible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1003353)
2:50 first half Baylor/SC. Transition block call.

What did the defender do wrong?

I got all of these, I will post later in the night.

Peace

SC Official Fri Mar 24, 2017 08:06pm

10:41 second half. Another block call where it didn't look like the defender did much wrong.

OKREF Fri Mar 24, 2017 08:07pm

Baylor/SC 10:41 2nd half. Block/Charge. Looks like a PC.

Nevadaref Fri Mar 24, 2017 08:12pm

1:26 left in 2nd half of Bulter/UNC
Butler player drives from the wing and scores.
Did he dribble after going airborne or keep a foot down?

AremRed Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:19pm

UCLA/Kentucky
8:46 first half
Alley-oop attempt by UCLA, undercut by UK player. First they line the players up for 2 shots, then go OOB throw-in.

Should this be shooting or not?

ODog Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1003362)
UCLA/Kentucky
8:46 first half
Alley-oop attempt by UCLA, undercut by UK player. First they line the players up for 2 shots, then go OOB throw-in.

Should this be shooting or not?

Player who was fouled never had the ball. Officials correctly came to their senses. You can't assume an alley-oop.

ODog Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:26pm

UCLA/UK, first half, 8:33. UCLA player commits a blatant travel en route to a monster dunk.

My question isn't whether it's a travel, since we would all agree it is. My question is: Would this be considered a "gotcha" travel at this level? I was kind of surprised at the no-call, since this was not a quick one either. More of a slow-developing, easy-to-identify travel.

Just trying to calibrate my own meter ;)

AremRed Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 1003364)
My question is: Would this be considered a "gotcha" travel at this level?)

Yup.

AremRed Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 1003363)
Player who was fouled never had the ball. Officials correctly came to their senses. You can't assume an alley-oop.

He didn't possess the ball but he did get his fingertips to it. Could we say he is trying to tap the ball?

JRutledge Fri Mar 24, 2017 09:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 1003363)

No, I think it was a travel and should be called. But it might be hard to see as you are looking at the contact. Seen too many videos that travels should be called.

Peace

ODog Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:08pm

UCLA/UK, 17:50 left. Block/charge no-call.