The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Feb 08, 2017, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Unruly fans

Our association's territory has several groups of fans that are notoriously unruly. I came into contact with the worst group last night. Most of these are small towns, which means the crowd is on top of you in a small gym and are constantly yelling for this that or the other. I'm not talking about the occasional yelling for a travel, I mean like every person that touches the ball they want something, a push a hand check, a travel, 3 seconds. They will heckle you when one partner calls something and the other doesn't. My partner called a shooting foul in the lane from L and I'm T. He had a better angle and it was his call, but I get "YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT DID YOU?! DID YOU!?" Screamed at me from like 4 feet away. I take a look over to see who is yelling at me like that and the guy is staring me down. Just ridiculous. And then you are inbounding between quarters you just get constant chatter behind you about "you guys need to call it fair", "I hope we don't see you at Districts", "you guys are horrible", just non-stop.

Is it a matter of I just need to suck it up, or do you kick one of these guys out early to send a message? Because I really think it has just become a groupthink situation. Like the T's you remember are the ones you don't call, I wish I would have tossed that guy.