The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:17am
Esteemed Forum Member

"With A Little Help From My Friends" (John Lennon And Paul McCartney) ...

Several months ago (maybe longer) there was a quote on the Forum about the difference between good and bad officials. Something about good officials knowing that they sometimes make bad call. I believe that is was a quote by a retired NBA official. I would like the quote for a presentation, but I can't remember it exactly, or find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While I'm waiting for help, here's another quote for the good of the cause:

“The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins.” (Tom Canterbury)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:30am
This IS My Social Life

"Bad officials don't know when they're bad; that's what makes them bad. Good officials know when they're bad; that's what makes them good."
-- Joe Crawford

I'll email you the podcast clip wherein he said that on a Court Club interview last year.
Old Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:34am
Esteemed Forum Member

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
"Bad officials don't know when they're bad; that's what makes them bad. Good officials know when they're bad; that's what makes them good." (Joe Crawford)
Give that man a cigar. Thanks Freddy.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)