The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 14, 2016, 05:52am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
it is Legal if the REferee's using the FIBA Logo in his/her shirt ,even not a member of FIBA Group?please answer thank you.
Legally? I doubt there are many about that. Morally/ethically? I'd say do yeah.
Old Thu Aug 25, 2016, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I am a traditionalist for the most part. Even though I have worn different colors over my officiating career Assurance obsèques, but I like the simplicity of the black and white stripes. Not a fan of grays or most other colors. But I get it and see why those love those colors. I just do not like all these colors for the most part.

Peace
Then it sucks a bit if this is really the jersey of the teams at the Olympic Games .
Old Sat Sep 17, 2016, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Still better than black and white stripes.
No. The NCAA has it right -- black and white, and 1" still work for hoops with all black pants and a fairly close-in camera (TV/stripes issue). I just wish we would all get away from logos and even flags. Sorry -- I'm a patriot as much as the next guy but let's ditch the flags on the shirt.

I get the gray NBA type shirts but the gray with stripes is just stupid. If we're going to wear stripes, just stick with the classic ones. They look fine. I like the wider stripes in football but the 1" looks good in basketball.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2016, 11:17am
Esteemed Forum Member

With Liberty And Justice For All ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I just wish we would all get away from ... flags.
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations. (United States Flag Code Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 18, 2016 at 11:29am.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2016, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

I have no problem with the use of ornamentation such as the flag , UA logo, Smitty logo etc. on team and/officiating shirts; however, my isssue was that 'numbers' be affixed on the shirts should be considered as the more important item on our shirts viz: your state patch on left shoulder and your ID # on back of shirt. Yet implementation of such would be unwieldy.