The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Nova requires 'a-game"

No 1 specific play but Nova is doing a great job of challenging both Kansas and officials by putting the block/charge call in play on almost every possession in the 1st half. Officials need to be locked and in making tough bang bang calls almost every trip.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

Yup. L had to work very hard in that game with secondary defenders. With one exception, the crew did that quite well.

The exception (can't recall the time...sorry) was when a Villanova player (outside the RA) was called for a block when in fact IGP had been obtained. The Kansas driver was gathering and forced the ball into the secondary defender's torso, knocking him backwards. L either froze or was still processing when T made a quick blocking call. T was following the primary defender and I doubt he got a good look at the secondary. He sold the blocking call emphatically, which is what leads me to believe he wasn't 100% sure. Would have preferred he waited a half second more to see if L had a call here.

Not criticizing the crew; overall I thought they did an outstanding job. This was just a good teachable moment from the game.