Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:09am
In Time Out

To general posters and the admin people

I ask you not to delete this thread like you have with the others

Fact- I’ve posted here since 2008. Most of my posts aren’t critical of refs. Please explain to me why I should face a permanent ban over the posts I made? Why not just close the threads? The posts I have made would have been left up in years past. Are you, the members of the Donald Trump overreaction club, really that sensitive now? It clearly appears you people don’t like dissent and just want me to leave. All you guys are saying is this fanboy BS when that play in question did occur during the game, and all I want you to do is answer if you think a ban is justified. There was no warning for the first ban and then someone arbitrarily decides to ban me for the second. You closed the threads, you- Rich then banned me for a week, and then when I created another username one of you banned me permanently all in an effort to rid me from this forum simply because you do not like what I post even though I’ve been here for years. It would be better to have video, yes I agree there and sure you can say I cross the line but is a ban justified? And let me remind people of a post that caused a lot of controversy in years past. I, in a pretty mild posting, said a HS title game had some missed calls. And of course it was met with criticism. But then another respected poster said there were problems with how the game was called. Refs shouldn’t think they are above criticism which some here seem to believe. Learn and get better and sometimes posters like me can help.
it is completely egregious of the administrators to outright ban me simply because they see me as an annoyance even though, as I’ve said, I’m a long-time poster and most of my posts aren’t controversial. To the admin people who banned me, explain why. It should not be just one admin person. People have done worse and not faced bans. If you want to do a week ban, go ahead and abuse your powers. I think that’s totally wrong but I want to post as MutantDucky again.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...-question.html
https://forum.officiating.com/basket...1-not-fan.html
https://forum.officiating.com/basket...554-redux.html

That last post Rich banned me for a week, then when I tried to post again, I was banned permanently and a thread deleted. I was annoyed about the thread being closed but I would have been ok with it. A ban was totally out of line by the Rich the fickle admin. I’ve posted since 2008 and you think it’s ok to ban me for that? Your one week ban was out of line and then banning me forever was complete BS. Rich, you banned me for a week probably because you thought it was funny. And you were jumping on the bandwagon. But it was wrong for you to do so and you abused your powers.

Nevada- on the stop clock issue. They replayed the shot a few times. It appeared the clock was at 0 when the ball entered the cylinder, maybe .1 when it hit the backboard. That’s why I was confused about why they put .3 seconds on it and so were the announcers so yeah I think it’s a legitimate question to ask when exactly the clock stops, net or cylinder.
Old Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:16am
Do not give a damn!!

Wow, this guy does not know when to quit.

Peace
Old Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralValleRef View Post
Nevada- on the stop clock issue. They replayed the shot a few times. It appeared the clock was at 0 when the ball entered the cylinder, maybe .1 when it hit the backboard. That’s why I was confused about why they put .3 seconds on it and so were the announcers so yeah I think it’s a legitimate question to ask when exactly the clock stops, net or cylinder.
I don't care about that individual play or game. My point was that you should know this rule. If you don't know something as simple as that, then you have no business criticizing anything else about college officiating.

Since this is now the third user account you've used in 48 hours to blast a couple of the administrators here, I would ban your IP address from the forum, if I were handling the issue.
Old Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:37pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

In case you manage to come back and view this thread. Once you were suspended, the ban was made permanent when you created a new account to get around the ban. The permanent ban was not because of the criticism of officials, but because of your refusal to comply with the suspension.

Your post here merely confirms that the decision was a good one.