The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 12:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hit The Showers ...

Minor point. With very rare exceptions, high school players are not ejected, they are disqualified. Only adult bench personnel can be ejected in a high school game.

However, here in the Constitution State, when a player is disqualified due to two technical fouls, or a single flagrant foul (technical, or personal) officials have to complete an ejection report. Go figure?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Minor point. With very rare exceptions, high school players are not ejected, they are disqualified. Only adult bench personnel can be ejected in a high school game.

However, here in the Constitution State, when a player is disqualified due to two technical fouls, or a single flagrant foul (technical, or personal) officials have to complete an ejection report. Go figure?
When that form came out they ejected players.
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
My post implied the V coach was the one we're talking about. Not sure what you're talking about.

As for the original post, I agree with how the officials dealt with everything up to the administering of the calls.

I'm not debating the initial call, but wondering what people are letting fly here from the VC. Since specifics weren't discussed from the OP, I figured it would've be an interesting topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
I'm interested in what others may think of a T here. While I'm an advocate of not holding them back, this is a situation where I may just let it go -- depending how/what the coach says.

With how horrible the sportsmanship was from the two ejected players I'd have to imagine something happened before their shoves.

Seems like I would have to have something good to have a T here. If he's just protective over his players and voices he think I missed something previously...
forgive me if I read it wrong.........
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 01:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Rare Exception ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
With very rare exceptions, high school players are not ejected, they are disqualified.
10.5 Situation: ... However, in an unusual situation, an official has the authority to require
that these individuals who have committed a flagrant technical foul must leave the
vicinity of the court. This action is necessary when permitting such offenders to
remain at courtside would tend to incite the crowd, to incite the opponents, or to
subject the officials, opponents or others administering the game, to unsporting
harassment. In such circumstances, the official should require the individual who
has committed a flagrant foul to leave the vicinity of the court with an adult supervisor.
It must be emphasized that an official does have this authority, when the
circumstances resulting from any flagrant foul warrant it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor View Post
forgive me if I read it wrong.........
You're forgiven.
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

If a coach come of the bench in a situations where a fight has or may break out, he can do that. If he uses that opportunity to do anything else, he gets very little lee-way. He does not get to use the chaos of that situation to yell at me or an opponent.
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junruh07 View Post
If a coach come of the bench in a situations where a fight has or may break out, he can do that. If he uses that opportunity to do anything else, he gets very little lee-way. He does not get to use the chaos of that situation to yell at me or an opponent.

Everyone did decent with their jobs in this situation:
Officials disqualified players and gave a deserving T to the coach; and the coach - possible surrogate father - for the kid should be ejected when his kid was attacked by two opposing players. No one has to take anything personal...
Old Sun Nov 29, 2015, 12:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refhoop View Post
Everyone did decent with their jobs in this situation:
Officials disqualified players and gave a deserving T to the coach; and the coach - possible surrogate father - for the kid should be ejected when his kid was attacked by two opposing players. No one has to take anything personal...
Who's taking something personal?

My thought is this:
The penalty for leaving the bench during a fight is a flagrant T; except for a head coach who is helping to stop the fight. Telling the officials how he thinks the actions were their fault is the exact opposite of stopping a fight.

Whether I give him a flagrant likely has more to do with whether he stops the fight before or after his verbal assault.
Old Sun Nov 29, 2015, 06:14pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Who's taking something personal?

My thought is this:
The penalty for leaving the bench during a fight is a flagrant T; except for a head coach who is helping to stop the fight. Telling the officials how he thinks the actions were their fault is the exact opposite of stopping a fight.

Whether I give him a flagrant likely has more to do with whether he stops the fight before or after his verbal assault.
In the OP the coach did break up the fracas.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 09:09am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
In the OP the coach did break up the fracas.

Yeah, I saw that, which is why I'd probably just go with what the crew did in this game (other than enforcement), depending on exactly how he said it and when he said it. If he barks on his way to break up the fight, it might be a different answer even if he breaks it up.
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutierrez7 View Post
The officials did not witness (see or hear) what was said/done by V2 that preceded the flagrant acts of H2 or H3.
No need to answer original question, everyone already did, but this^^^^ is what I want to know. Something had to happen to instigate those acts, would it not?
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 09:01pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor View Post
No need to answer original question, everyone already did, but this^^^^ is what I want to know. Something had to happen to instigate those acts, would it not?
It could be some off the court mess. Could have been something from a previous game. Could be over a girl.

Old Tue Dec 01, 2015, 10:08am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
It could be some off the court mess. Could have been something from a previous game. Could be over a girl.

This./\

V's coach was mad. I doubt he was mad that the refs didn't hear what, if anything, his kid said to instigate it.

There's a good chance they could have seen something if they were watching for it, and film review may help them in the future. There's also a good chance this came out of nowhere. It happens.

Either way, V coach doesn't get to use his pass onto the court to accuse the officials of negligence.