The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 19, 2015, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Individuals can be racist and still work with people they are racist against. I am not worried about those people as much as I am worried about a system that is in place that actually does the actual discrimination. Heck if you want to go there, why are the officials not more of a reflection of the actual people playing the game? That is a bigger issue I would have than what one guy might have said to a fan in a unfortunate way.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Why are the officials who they are? They more closely reflect the greater populations of the country. Why would we expect them to be much different than the overall population from which they're drawn just because one segment of the sport is not? Should there be changes in who gets to play to better reflect the makeup of society?
Yeah, why don't prison populations more closely reflect the makeup of society in general?