The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Karl Hess is back (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100344-karl-hess-back.html)

big jake Fri Nov 13, 2015 04:44pm

Karl Hess is back

Referee at the kentucky game tonight. Glad he is back as he is a good one

crosscountry55 Fri Nov 13, 2015 06:26pm

Agree. As I've said before, he was held accountable. Time to move on. Great play caller. I hope he keeps his cool because his officiating usually speaks for itself (except when he lets teams go the wrong way to start overtime).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big jake Fri Nov 13, 2015 07:17pm

He is calling a sec game, wonder if he is still in the acc?

Nevadaref Sat Nov 14, 2015 05:25am

Sad. People who behave the way that he does towards other people shouldn't be a part of officiating. Get rid of this guy and give other people the opportunity to work those contests.

big jake Sun Nov 15, 2015 06:19pm

He paid his price so let's give him another chance, he is one of the better ones

Refhoop Sun Nov 15, 2015 08:27pm

Isn't Hess an example of the price officials pay (right or wrong) for even addressing fans... even if we know and/or recognize the fan?
Whats the worse thing you've said to a fan?
Hess' comments just happened to be directed toward an unfortunate millionaire... rooting for his alma mater.:rolleyes:
Guess if I were rich and going to whine about what a referee said, I would have at least listed my comments that precipitated Hess' foolish remark. Doesn't a guy like this deserve a second and (maybe) third chance.

Can you image that tweet: Hess called my ___ white #wow!

Nevadaref Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by big jake (Post 969854)
He paid his price so let's give him another chance, he is one of the better ones

Because he is a jackass and isn't going to change and he has already had enough "second" chances. See his history with NC State: An eventful return to NC State for referee Karl Hess | News & Observer

Of course, you are welcome to parade around with his jock on your head, if it makes you happy.

SC Official Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 969862)
Because he is a jackass and isn't going to change and he has already had enough "second" chances. See his history with NC State: An eventful return to NC State for referee Karl Hess | News & Observer

Of course, you are welcome to parade around with his jock on your head, if it makes you happy.

You sound like you have a personal vendetta. You do realize he's worked six Final Fours, correct?

Six Final Fours buys him a lot of leeway, like it or not.

JRutledge Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 969862)

OK, but if you have been in this business long enough, every officials and successful official has a history with someone at some time. So I am not sure what another second chance means. If he did not work them in that game, he would have seen them somewhere else. That is how it works.

Peace

Nevadaref Mon Nov 16, 2015 02:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 969863)
You sound like you have a personal vendetta. You do realize he's worked six Final Fours, correct?

Six Final Fours buys him a lot of leeway, like it or not.

For the record, I've never met the guy. I only know what I see of him on TV and read in news articles. From what I've seen and read, his behavior is unacceptable. Yes, that's my opinion, which obviously isn't shared by a few conference supervisors because he is working games for them.

I also think that bigjake is nuisance based upon his posting history on this forum.

maroonx Mon Nov 16, 2015 09:39am

Wow I am very disappointed some my fellow officials supporting a racist. It is really upsetting my right now.

Raymond Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 969873)
Wow I am very disappointed some my fellow officials supporting a racist. It is really upsetting my right now.

From what I gather he is not a racist, just woefully lacking in social skills.

SC Official Mon Nov 16, 2015 01:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 969873)

You're a troll, not an official, as your posting history suggests.

You're going to need a lot more evidence than a single insensitive comment to accuse someone that you've never met of being a "racist."

AremRed Mon Nov 16, 2015 01:12pm

Not surprised Hess got brought back. Coaches say they don't want big time referees working every night, but they want those guys on all their games. Rich get richer.

Welpe Mon Nov 16, 2015 01:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 969881)
Coaches say they don't want big time referees working every night, but they want those guys on all their games.

The Devil you know. It's just like Texas high school football really.