The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Oct 29, 2015, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

NFHS Rules Book for First-Timer

Hi all. When my son played HS basketball, I often visited this forum to read about the game from the official's side of things, and to learn more about the rules. I have learned A LOT from all of you, and I thank you for taking the time out from your busy lives to post here.

Now that I am in my cadet training class, I am dealing with an issue that I wonder how you handled (or still deal with).

Simple question from the 2006 exam, #30 "Team A has their school logo on their game pants. Official rules this is allowable. Is the official correct?"

I saw in Rule 3-4-2a that a logo is permitted on the team jersey, so I answered no, but the answer was yes. In class I asked why, and it took awhile, but eventually we found in the rules 3-4-5, which talks about logos on pants.

So. . . . .here is my question. . . .how do you all handle the issue of important related information sometimes being found in different places in the rules book? I have run into this several times already....thanks!