The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Super frustrated with The Officials Choice

I have tried and tried to get my order sent to me from these guys. No response to e-mails, the customer service voice mail box is full, and of course they have charged my credit card. Anyone got any advice on how to proceed? Has anyone else been jacked around by these clowns??
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 07:16pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Easy. Don't order from them anymore.

I had one bad experience. I said that I was going to call the Better Business Bureau and I got a call from the owner the next day.

I haven't spent a penny there since. Shop at ump-attire...it might cost you a little more from time to time, but their customer service is top shelf.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

I will say I tried to exchange something with them and after going so long without hearing anything from them I tried contacting them to no avail. But lo and behold about 6 months later it did finally magically show up with no explanation.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Their prices are good, but their service sucks, their shipping costs suck, and their products are so-so on a good day. You can get better products and better service for not much more money elsewhere.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:44am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I went through Referee's Call on my last purchase. Price was great, and the shipping was great ($10 regardless). Big time recommend.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBob777 View Post
Has anyone else been jacked around by these clowns??
Seeing that you're new here, I'll be nice with the answer.

Yeah. Like, everyone who's ever ordered from them.

Having dealt with them for a while now, here's the tricks I've learned. First, never expect an order to be filled by a certain time. If you need something by a certain date, specify it. "I need this by 12 December, or don't process my order. Can you do it?" Me, I order and forget it.

They advertise stuff with an expected arrival date. Never expect that's correct. They're betting on a shippment from the overseas supplier. That rarely happens on time.

If they took half the advice I've given them over the years, they'd own the market. Alas, they make one step forward, and two step back every time. It's a shame.

I'd make a call to your credit card company tomorrow morning. They'll make it right.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 06:57am
Official Forum Member

I've had great service every time from both Ump-Attire.com and Honig's Whistle Stop.
Neither place is paying me to say this either.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Ordered the "Limit of 1 each" pants from them (Official's Choice) 3 times. Got 3 plates and 3 base.
Perfect service. VERY promt shipping. VERY VERY good price.
I spoke live to them each time to place order.
Then I called and asked if they were going to get more and had no trouble getting a live answer (Which, unfortunately, was no,)

I have NO stake in this - just passing on historic facts.

Last edited by robbie; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:48am.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:06pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Ordered the "Limit of 1 each" pants from them (Official's Choice) 3 times. Got 3 plates and 3 base.
They sell pants? I just went to their website, and could only find shirts.

I've only ordered a couple of things from them. I do a lot of girls fastpitch softball, and I wanted a couple of the pink umpire shirts to wear in the month of October, and when high school teams have their cancer awareness games in the spring. The shirts came in with no issues that I can recall.

For most stuff I buy online, I've used Purchase Officials. I've been pretty satisfied with their Smittys line of products.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

A good friend of mine owns this business. I don't know how he stacks up against his competitors, but I can vouch for his honesty and his dedication to service.

The Sports Loft: Home
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
They sell pants? I just went to their website, and could only find shirts.

I've only ordered a couple of things from them. I do a lot of girls fastpitch softball, and I wanted a couple of the pink umpire shirts to wear in the month of October, and when high school teams have their cancer awareness games in the spring. The shirts came in with no issues that I can recall.

For most stuff I buy online, I've used Purchase Officials. I've been pretty satisfied with their Smittys line of products.
They did have pants - May have been a one time thing as they told me they were sold out and no plans of stocking soon.
They were the poly / wool like Honig's premiums except they were about $20.00. Hands down best value i've ever gotten. In fact, I use the Honig's so the discount was a bonus. They were a slightly darker color.
Old Wed Nov 28, 2012, 03:10pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Okay, now I'm starting to get frustrated with Official's Choice as well. I've received three emails today alone spamming me about sales for whistles, basketball referee shirts, and football elastic down indicators. Hello?? Look at my order history and figure out what I officiate!
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker
Old Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:46pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
They did have pants - May have been a one time thing as they told me they were sold out and no plans of stocking soon.
They were the poly / wool like Honig's premiums except they were about $20.00. Hands down best value i've ever gotten. In fact, I use the Honig's so the discount was a bonus. They were a slightly darker color.
You're not seriously comparing the pants OC was selling to the polywools are you?
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
You're not seriously comparing the pants OC was selling to the polywools are you?
Why not? They are, in fact polywool. They are a little darker (almost charcoal) but other than that very very similay. The stitching was virtually identical. The material was slightly less heavy (not a derternt at all) and actually held a crease better and the material did not fur ball at all which the Honig does.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why not? They are, in fact polywool. They are a little darker (almost charcoal) but other than that very very similay. The stitching was virtually identical. The material was slightly less heavy (not a derternt at all) and actually held a crease better and the material did not fur ball at all which the Honig does.
Those pants were inferior to real polywools in every way. They are not charcoal, they are almost black. (The Honig's and UA polywools are actually charcoal) I have seen no Official's Choice products that are superior to any of the big supplier's gear in baseball or basketball. (Honig's, UA, Smitty, etc)