The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 09, 2012, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueump View Post
Not every device allows you to embed a video. My cell phone does not. Sorry to inconvenience you, causing you to have to spend so much time clicking an external link. I'm sure it was difficult for you and took a lot of extra time with having to move your mouse and click at the same time.

Next time feel free to ignore the link.
Somebody got up on the wrong side of home plate.

He was helping you. Being nice. For all of us. I've done it for people.

That's all

Rita
Old Sun Sep 09, 2012, 01:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueump View Post
Not every device allows you to embed a video. My cell phone does not. Sorry to inconvenience you, causing you to have to spend so much time clicking an external link. I'm sure it was difficult for you and took a lot of extra time with having to move your mouse and click at the same time.

Next time feel free to ignore the link.
First off, thank you blueump for finding the play and sharing with the forum.

I wasn't trying to be snarky with my post, and if you thought I was, I apologize as it wasn't my intent. As MLB has only allowed embedding of plays recently, a lot of people don't know that MLB has embedable clips and was trying to point that out since it adds convenience for almost all.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Sep 09, 2012, 03:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to aceholleran
In a semi-similar sitch, I was coaching (yes, I moved to the dark side for two years--eons ago) and won a protest on touch of 1B.

You'll get this, but the umps and scorer that day didn't.

R2, 2 outs (my kids are in the field). B1 hits a gapper. R2 scores, B1 ends upon 2B. But I had a suspicion that B1 MAY have missed first. I induce my F3 to properly appeal at 1B, where U1 calls "out."

As my team gets ready to bat, I see that scoreboard has added R2's run. I calmly walked out to the dish, where scorer confirms the run.

I announce to PU that I am lodging a protest (this is LL, where such unpleasantness must be solved before the next pitch). PU blew up at me. I remained calm. It took umpteen phone calls, but the run was wiped. Of course, we lost the game.

Ace in PA
Old Sun Sep 09, 2012, 07:06am
Medium Kahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran View Post
It took umpteen phone calls, but the run was wiped. Of course, we lost the game.

Ace in PA
At least you won the battle.
Old Sun Sep 09, 2012, 07:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
First off, thank you blueump for finding the play and sharing with the forum.

I wasn't trying to be snarky with my post, and if you thought I was, I apologize as it wasn't my intent. As MLB has only allowed embedding of plays recently, a lot of people don't know that MLB has embedable clips and was trying to point that out since it adds convenience for almost all.
My bad. You're right I overreacted and took it personal. I apologize for my harshness.