Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Oh, and incidentally ... what the hell is a single parent family without children? I don't have the knowledge base background on this statistic that I do regarding the SAT... but the fact that they've given one percentage for single parent families, and a different one for single parent families with children, tells me the statistic is most likely completely fabricated. Care to point us to some independent verifiable source for these two numbers (and an explanation of what a parent without children could possibly mean - doesn't "parent" imply the existence of children???)
I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the former was for all single parent families and the latter was for single parent families with children (i.e. plural). The first includes households with only 1 child, the second does not.
Old Tue Jul 10, 2012, 01:07pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

A few posts about baseball and then 3 pages about politics and religion is absurd.

The two of you whose names *always* seem to be involved when I am alerted to a thread (and there were several people that emailed me about this) are suspended for at least a few days. Email me Friday and if I'm in a good mood and you are nice I will reinstate you.

Mods are coming ... sorry folks -- it's just been busy with work and trying to get some family time in!

- Brad
Closed Thread