The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

best cups and/ tights with cup pocket

I've yet to try the tights w/ a cup pocket. Looking for opinions on the McDavids, Underarmour, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Athletic Cup Supporters Protective Mens Safety Equipment

The best cup I have ever worn by far. I wear it in a jock over tights. Not made for a cup pocket. Extremely comfortable.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

I use the following by Shock Doctor. I love it, they are comfortable in the heat and eliminate the possibility of straps on my shin guards from rubbing

Long Compression Legging w/ Bioflex Cup

-Josh
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Nutty Buddy... there is no contest. Have tried all of them. Took one the other day, direct shot from underneath, and the way the impact was sent through my pelvis instaed of the norm is UNBELIEVABLE. Check out youtube sportscience clip on it.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

I second the Nutty Buddy

would have bought it just based on the ads alone. The results clinched the deal. I took a direct shot last season as well. It bounced off like it's nothing. I think the confidence level has to go up once this subconscious, but very primal fear is reduced or removed.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 06:36pm

Thank God I came back in time for the annual "jock strap" thread!

I have had great comfort, as well as protection from a good one-hopper that got up in there, from the combo of Smitty full-length gray tights/Shock Doctor Power Carbon Flex cup.

The Smitty tights feature strong stitching, a comfortable fit, and a long, easy access cup pocket that stays absolutely put. The Shock Doctor Carbon cup is very strong, but I would really like the Titan Alloy Flex model.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

I guess as far as cups go, I've done okay with the standard athletic store model. Basically looking to ditch the jock. I don't like wearing it in the field after working a plate. Most of what I do is doubleheaders and I'm slow enough changing as it is. I've got tights but was thinking going to ones with a built in cup pocket would be the answer. I went w/ the shock doctor ones because for 40 bucks, pants and cup, I really couldn't find a better deal.

Would a nutty buddy cup fit in those pants or would I need the nutty buddy shorts/pants?
Old Fri Apr 01, 2011, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post

Would a nutty buddy cup fit in those pants or would I need the nutty buddy shorts/pants?
You just need a jock (no pouch). I wear it over tights.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2011, 08:23am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
I guess as far as cups go, I've done okay with the standard athletic store model. Basically looking to ditch the jock. I don't like wearing it in the field after working a plate. Most of what I do is doubleheaders and I'm slow enough changing as it is. I've got tights but was thinking going to ones with a built in cup pocket would be the answer. I went w/ the shock doctor ones because for 40 bucks, pants and cup, I really couldn't find a better deal.

I just use a pair of UnderArmour tights (shorts) with the cup pocket. Standard cup. After the plate game, I can remove the cup while changing without changing the shorts.
Old Sun Apr 03, 2011, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Try the McDavid tights

Honigs has them, so do others. Best tights for a cup IMO.
Old Sun Apr 03, 2011, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

As far as I know right now Under Armour does not make a full length tight with the cup pocket. (I work for them) I wear the UA tights and slide the compression shorts with cup pocket over them for plate games.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

I wear the McDavids with the yellow banana cup. I use to get them from Honig's, but they stopped carrying black ones. I found that Lester's carries them and I buy 2 pair every other year or so. This combo has worked for me for 15+ years.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

I wear the Shock Doctors, but inside out for a better fit.

If you've never worn long legged tights under your shin guards, do yourself a favor.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
I normally go short compression, jock, then long tights. The cup in the tights just doesn't give the hug neccessary, I'd have to pull them way up on my hips and thats not an option as I tuck my shirt / jacket into the tights.

To each his own as long as the cup is secured, hugging, and protecting you from the bouncer from below.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 12:19pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
If you've never worn long legged tights under your shin guards, do yourself a favor.
+1

Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med!