The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 08, 2010, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan View Post
An indicator is a tool, and as such it can be abused like anything else. If you can't use it properly, don't use it.

But I don't think that rises (descends?) to the level of a 'crutch' as a general category. Some use them, some don't, some well, some poorly. To each his own. My suggestion is to save your condescension for something that matters
A little over sensitive here , are we?

Usually "To each his own," is not follwed up with a condesending suggestion either.

Last edited by jicecone; Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 12:19pm.
Old Wed Sep 08, 2010, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
An indicator is a tool, and as such it can be abused like anything else. If you can't use it properly, don't use it.

But I don't think that rises (descends?) to the level of a 'crutch' as a general category. Some use them, some don't, some well, some poorly. To each his own. My suggestion is to save your condescension for something that matters
If you can't learn to use an indicator you probably shouldn't be behind to the plate trying to judge if that curve ball just hit the outside corner or not.
Old Fri Sep 10, 2010, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
A little over sensitive here , are we?

Usually "To each his own," is not follwed up with a condesending suggestion either.
Sorry, not tracking any further objectionable comment on my part. I just don't think that umpires who choose not to use an indicator are automatically superior to those who do; but you would certainly think so from the tone of many of the 'nots'

Some carry on like they just broke a two-decade coke habit or something.....brings to mind the old saw 'there's nothing as virtuous as a reformed whore.'
Old Fri Sep 10, 2010, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sorry, not tracking any further objectionable comment on my part. I just don't think that umpires who choose not to use an indicator are automatically superior to those who do; but you would certainly think so from the tone of many of the 'nots'

Some carry on like they just broke a two-decade coke habit or something.....brings to mind the old saw 'there's nothing as virtuous as a reformed whore.'
Your absolutely right, and if my use of "crutch" came across as arrogant, then I aboslutely made a bad choice in words.