The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Proud Ignorant Coach

Situation: R1, outs don't matter. R1 stealing on the pitch and BR hits ball to F5. R1 has already reached 2nd when F5 throws the ball to first attempting to get BR, ball gets by F3 and goes into DBT.

Award R1 third and BR second. Coach comes down and asks why R1 isn't awarded home because he had reached 2nd at the time of the throw. I explain that this is a 2 base award from time of pitch because it was the first play by an infielder on a batted ball, his eyes get real wide and he clearly doesn't understand. I explain the rule once more at which point he says, "That's why you're the umpire and I just argue a lot!"
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

my .02

at least he is honest
Old Tue Jul 06, 2010, 06:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibear View Post
Situation: R1, outs don't matter. R1 stealing on the pitch and BR hits ball to F5. R1 has already reached 2nd when F5 throws the ball to first attempting to get BR, ball gets by F3 and goes into DBT.

Award R1 third and BR second. Coach comes down and asks why R1 isn't awarded home because he had reached 2nd at the time of the throw. I explain that this is a 2 base award from time of pitch because it was the first play by an infielder on a batted ball, his eyes get real wide and he clearly doesn't understand. I explain the rule once more at which point he says, "That's why you're the umpire and I just argue a lot!"
That is really funny!