The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
One of my fantasies is plate chicks - baseball's answer to boxing ring card girls. They would come out in skimpy outfits and sweep the plate with a whisk broom (requiring bending at the waist) when it needed it. "Time! Can I get a plate chick out here please?" They would also supply the umpires with cold water.
And they would brush 1/2 of the plate with their back towards the backstop and the other half with their back towards the field. That way everyone enjoys, unless it's a GLM of one of the players. But sometimes a player must just take one for the team!!!
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

rbmartin, thank you for the reply. I always hear of umpires making things up to call abandonment, but in this case, I actually think that is the correct call and the explanation we should have used.
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

why do you call time to clean the plate?
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

I don't unless there is a runner on third. If there is a runner on third, I do because the possible play at the plate is going to be my call if the runner comes home.